[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the minimum daily water requirement for survival? Seems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: whytho.png (790KB, 675x684px) Image search: [Google]
whytho.png
790KB, 675x684px
Whats the minimum daily water requirement for survival?

Seems to be a lot of conflicting opinions on this
>>
One glass per 7 days
>>
Its not that theres conflicting opinions is that the best you get is a ballpark answer. First of all of course you can survive a day without water so your question is immediately phrased poorly. It also depends on factors like gender, age, and size (height AND weight) but even if you expressely gave all of those things you still wouldnt get a perfect answer. Is the person eating or otherwise under stress? Whats the temperature? Is it day time? Is he moving at all? These things change how much water is needed by up to 10x.
>>
>>8723839
Example of brainlet who doesn't know how to answer a question and instead insists that the question is unanswerable.

My answer:
>Obviously there is for each context a specific amount of water in a time interval that will separate organism from live and death

Organism needs water for solvent/diffusion, for isolation, for volume, and for heat purposes. Let's break each one down.

>Volume
Your cells and extracellular matrix requires some specific spatial dimensions to maintain operation. I approximate that death will occur before these volumic properties are relevant, so we ignore 'water for volume'.

>Heat purposes
You need water to distribute heat and maintain integrity in face of heat shocks or cold. We again approximate that death will occur long before your body would have inadequate heat propagation due to lack of water. We also need to sweat to keep ourselves cool.

>Isolation
Water is combined to mucus-protein and other similar systems to keep gastrointestinal tract, ears, eyes, and nose canal protected from oxygen, microbes, and further water loss. This I believe to be very fundamental to why we need water. We are constantly losing water through skin and other interfaces (because thermodynamics) and if things get too dry, they will compromise safety. We name this "MINOR need of water: you need to fulfill these functions or you die".

>Solvent and diffusion
This is our MAJOR need of water. Metabolism produces harmful chemicals that we need to get out of our system through renal and urinary functions. Unfortunately we can't just precipitate these chemicals as we must keep their concentrations locally as low as possible. So as we need to get that 2000 kcal a day, the food we consume is bound to be left with some toxic chemicals, that will need some amount of water to be filtrated out.
>>
cont. >>8723879

So we will lose water by
- A. breathing out (water vapor)
- B. urinating and other toxin excretory (skin excretes some toxins through sweat)
- C. Feces. We can't filtrate everything through
I don't believe water will partake in any bond-forming reactions with our body.

and we will balance it with
- D. Water in

So there must be
D = A + B + C

Let's qualify how large components A, B, and C are.
A, B and C will widely be affected by two components (D) caloric intake, and (E) quality of calories.
D will be a function of (F) activity, (G) body mass, (H) growth and reproduction, and (I) immunity.
E will be a function of the food composition, chewing, our set of gut bacteria, the intervals how we eat, the way we prepare the foods, the way we combine foods, and such.
>>
File: 1488442062108.jpg (42KB, 543x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488442062108.jpg
42KB, 543x720px
>>
>>8723817
>Whats the minimum daily water requirement for survival?
Our organisms are far too different from each other for a concrete answer.

The best answer is - drink when you feel like it. Don't make yourself deliberately thirsty and don't overdrink - both are bad for your organism.
>>
>>8723879
Its unanswerable in practice and your appeal to minutia will not change that. OP wants a number answer which you will be unable to provide with any kind of useful accuracy.
>>
>>8723896
Incorrect. Give me the min and max values for A B and C and you have the answer. Shut the fuck up brainlet.
>>
>>8723913
I'm only incorrect in the sense that you were not able to provide any answer, regardless of how right it is.
>>
>>8723817
256ml for each 10 kg you weigh
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.