[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on this guy, /sci/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: neil degrasse tyson.jpg (905KB, 1104x1656px) Image search: [Google]
neil degrasse tyson.jpg
905KB, 1104x1656px
What are your thoughts on this guy, /sci/?
>>
>>8723357
he has a method of talking about science that gathers attention from people who would otherwise be preoccupied with more tangential things.

He pisses off people who devote their lives to science becuase when you really devote yourself to something you often lose the ability to relatably communicate that information to people not as involved with your studies
>>
Good orator, kinda handsome, not too sure about what he does scientifically.
>>
>>8723357
I don't watch TV, so he's just a guy that makes an ass out of himself on twitter regularly.
>>
>>8723404
What are the biggest goofs he's made on twitter?
>>
Garbage tier pop scientist.
>>
Imperfect, but charismatic and well-intentioned.
>>
I like him for the same reason, I like Bill Ney, because they want to make science interesting for the people and especially the children.
>>
>>8723357
At least he's got his heart in the right place. I don't know much about him desu, but I wish his endeavors all the best
>>
most influential scientist of our time
>>
He does a damn good job at getting people interested in science and theories about space and time and whatnot. I had to spend an entire week in a hospital because of a terrible pneumonia case and I watched all of his series "Cosmos" along with several of his lectures via netflix and youtube respectfully.

Not to mention the best quote of all time... "People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do."

Truly inspiring.
>>
NDT
> Aliens will look upon us as we do insects and fly on by.
Over 9000 biologists
>Good point lets throw our years of research on insects away.
>>
>>8723406
>What are the biggest goofs he's made on twitter?
Sex is pleasurable for all species.
Bats don't have eyes.
Something like that, search it.
>>
File: 01-810.jpg (10KB, 205x251px) Image search: [Google]
01-810.jpg
10KB, 205x251px
>>8723611
The fuck did you just say, boy?
>>
I like his voice.
>>
Pretentious piece of shit, absolutely needs to be sent to jail for pretending to be an intellectual.
>>
>>8724201
Yikes - don't be so hard on yourself.
>>
>>8723357
I lost all my respect for him after I watched a "debate" between physicists on the simulation argument. All he did was to mock the participants by trying to make fun of the "craziness" of those ideas. The first time was funny, but after that it got really cringeworthy and disrespectful. If he doesn't think that such thing as life inside a simulation can be possible or not, that's fine, but he can't just make fun of other scientists' thoughts on it (and yes, he was just making fun on them, not providing any counter argument for them).
Also, his dumb tweets.
>>
>>8723357
Hottest cheerleader for science.
>>
Pretty awesome dude. Wish I could become even a shadow of what he is today.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.