[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I come out to my parents as an engineer? My family is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1449786436168s.jpg (11KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1449786436168s.jpg
11KB, 250x250px
How do I come out to my parents as an engineer?

My family is pretty liberal so I do expect they should accept me.

I don't know how I am going to tell my dad that I am not going to become a physicists like every father before me for past 12 generations.

Is it ok to become a physicists and do engineering on the side or is that just internalized engineeringphobia?
>>
>>8723337
Or, become a good engy and work for CERN or Fermilabs?

And then make your kids get into physics.
>>
come out as gay first and they'll figure out the engineer part
that's the easiest way to do it
>>
>>8723337
Repair the closet.
>>
File: Sikorsky_I.I._1914._Karl_Bulla.jpg (12KB, 200x262px) Image search: [Google]
Sikorsky_I.I._1914._Karl_Bulla.jpg
12KB, 200x262px
>>8723337
tell him that in such times: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replication_crisis
technology is new science. at least it works. and science always attracted overcompensating fools and career freaks
>>
>>8723337
tell them that i'm a brainlet at maths
>>
File: laugh.jpg (22KB, 400x274px) Image search: [Google]
laugh.jpg
22KB, 400x274px
>>8723389
>kids
Implying engineers meet women. And get to have sex with them.
>>
>>8723337
>Is it ok to become a physicists and do engineering on the side or is that just internalized engineeringphobia?

I don't know why but I lost it there

t. a gay guy
>>
>>8724616
This. Unless you are a walking charisma you wont have time to shit in a good engineering program.
>>
>>8723337
There are lots of people who mix Engineering and Physics, they're both very relatable in some instances.
>>
>>8724728
i went to a pure engineering school and can confirm.

all you do is study, eat, and lift. its kind of like prison.
>>
>>8724956
How much dick sucking went on there?
>>
>>8723337
If your problem is that you want to do something with your life that your dad doesn't approve of, you just have to be an adult and tell them and then they get to deal with it. If the problem is specifically that you're going to be an engineer, your dad is an idiot and you get to deal with that.
>>
>>8724960
He wants me to be a scientists just like every father before me
>>
>>8723337
Start sucking your father's dick, he'lk understand
>>
>>8724964
You want to do something with your life that your dad doesn't approve of. You just have to be an adult and tell them that, and then they get to deal with it.
>>
File: dewey statement.jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
dewey statement.jpg
5KB, 259x194px
>>8723337

You are literally marginalizing and normalizing the oppression that homosexuals face on a daily basis

This is EXTREMELY problematic
>>
>>8724956
>>8724728
>>8724616
Brothers plz I'm deebly concerned
>Tfw thought I'll lose virginity in college
>>
>>8724956
That's because you need to be a man to do it. No pussies allowed. This includes women.
>>
>>8723337
you could double major in both engineering and physics.
im currently double majoring in aerospace engineering and physics
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.