[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is true randomness feasible?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

if you want to create a fully random system you 'must' eliminate all initial states to avoid predicted occurrences but then how to use a word like ""create"", to initialize a system like this. cause 'create' implies that there is a something has to begin and then the whole randomness would collapse or wouldn't so the 'event' that would initialize the system is the main key to know are the sequence of fellow events would be predictable or random. but i assumed here that random implies ""unpredictable sequence of events that have initiated from [unmeasurable/can't be fit into common pattern] 'created' event"".

in my opinion, bigbang is an 'created' event that initiated sequence of unpredictable events then by the time it's entropy lessen till it come to a state of wich it can be predictable and that allows us to deduce patterns[i mean maths]

but i think we can define time in terms of randomness getting less and less, but it's converse logical deduction because i used randomness to define time and time to define randomness :3

any thoughts, especially from chaos theorists?
>>
bump is dump
>>
Nope
>>
>>8723182
It's the whole predetermination thing again. Plenty of smart people are convinced either way. You can't really know the answer though, so why does it even matter?
>>
>>8723182
Quantum shit nigga
>>
>>8723835
>You can't really know the answer though
proof?
>>
>>8723182
Lots of people are too ignorant to see system and order, cause and effect. These people will never in their lifetimes learn to accept the consequences not merely for who they "were" when assaulted, but for who they "will grow big to be." But there's always more lives for them to grow up and accept responsibility.
>>
I read a great article on this. Here it is: http://philsci-archive.pitt.edu/2134/1/randpred.pdf

The guy reviews multiple kinds of randomness and supplies a definition that works well on many subjects. Worth the read
>>
>>8723182
holy shit is that bread going to eat SPACEMEN like we eat sandwiches?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.