[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who or what is your intellectual motivation /sci/? What do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 3400292-lelouch-1-.png (238KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
3400292-lelouch-1-.png
238KB, 640x448px
Who or what is your intellectual motivation /sci/? What do you study for and who do you want to be like?

Pic fucking related
>>
File: MadoutsukiDrugAbuse.jpg (61KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
MadoutsukiDrugAbuse.jpg
61KB, 800x680px
studying helps to distract me from my crushing nihilism
>>
To keep my mind off being a worthless stoner and drug addict.
>>
>>8722932
obligatory my waifu comment

Also, this
>>8723338
It gives me a purpose in life when I had none. Plus, I feel more relaxed being surrounded by books and equations.

yfw you will never be Feynman
>>
>>8722932
Learn how to not die.
No one has ever achieved this yet: so there is no one I want to be. I would have to devolve: intelligent people have to much to lose to want to be someone else. I look only to me for the answer to immortality.
>>
>>8722932

I can't stand it when people do better than me
>>
>>8722932
it can be pretty fun for me incase of math (not fun if it's geometry), envy, and my hope of getting a PhD in astrophysics
>>
File: Here+is+a+rare+robot+pepe.jpg (71KB, 450x433px) Image search: [Google]
Here+is+a+rare+robot+pepe.jpg
71KB, 450x433px
>>8724374
Fuck dude, I feel like that too. Like two years ago I was obsessed with the idea of my own death, and how there is nothing I can do about it now. But since then my obsession have changed to finding an answer to immortality, not only for myself but for all humanity. I hope I live long enough to see the day we become eternal
>>
I'm the youngest of 5 burnouts. I'm studying EE so that I can make decent money and provide for my parents who sacrificed 40 years of their life working shitty blue collar jobs to make sure we had a house above our heads and food on the table
>>
>>8724420
I know this will sound selfish, but don't do something just because you feel indepted with your parents. They will be gone one day and you will be stuck in a job you don't like. There is other ways you could pay back to your parents m8.
>>
>>8722932
Always had the feeling to learn everything.
I met someone though, who is amazing and completely blew me out of the water.
The longer I hung around, the more they changed me for the better.
My goal is to fuck this person because people like that are truly one in a million.

I study for myself and want to be my own person.
>>
>>8722932
I study because I like to learn
> fuck me right?
>>
I'm studying to get an MS in environmental restoration engineering. We need more people caring for the Earth itself.
>>
>>8723338
>nihilism
>intellectual

lol
>>
>>8724387

This.
>>
>>8724420
>youngest of 5 burnouts
how did you climb out of the pit and get motivated to even pick EE?
>>
>>8722932
>Intellectual motivation?
I need competition to want to study. It's no fun when there's nothing at immediate stake. I mean yeah sure I got an A in algorithms. But that A is meaningless unless I know I can do a better job than someone else who got an A. Even if it's marginal.
>What do you study for?
Before competition I study because it keeps me from being lonely. I don't even shoot for a grade at that point. I just take the test and what I get is what I get
>Who do you want to be like?
A decent person
>>
I study physics because I'm still absolutely fascinated as to how precise we can describe nature with math
Also the models on astronomic scales like relativity blow my mind every time, no matter how familiar they are now
Oh and I just like learning stuff, especially complicated shit
>>
>>8724436
My post makes it seem like I'm soullessly trudging along, but that's not the case. I really like my major and what I'm studying

>>8724548
When you have examples all around you of how unfulfilling life can be, it's hard not to get motivated and not succumb to mediocrity. That and a natural penchant for math and computer science
>>
>>8722932
I'm currently doing a chemistry bac. and wish to do a Phd. in organic chemistry. I study because I love learning new things and understanding the world around us. I'd like to use my understanding of org. chem to do research in "molecular gastronomy/modern cuisine." If possible, I'd be a chef, but it looks too much efforts for the salary. I mainly wish to be a good person that'll finally be able to get my relative get past her major depression with type 2 bipolarity (after 6 years)
>>
>>8724420
>food on the table
an easy way to spot people with an IQ below 105
>>
>>8724420
>thanks your parents for doing the bare minimum required of them as people who selfishly chose to have kids
>>
doin it for the aqhira
>>
>>8725217
Huh?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.