[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

learning math = boring? using math = fun?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1486040513197.jpg (61KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
1486040513197.jpg
61KB, 670x503px
>Learning math concepts is boring
>Using math concepts is fun
How the fuck do you get over this?
I fucking have been learning shit off this page
http://www.coolmath.com/algebra
And I'm at number 20, Combinatorics, and I'm so fucking tired and bored of reading this shit that I can just die. It's just not interesting for some reason. I found the earlier articles kind of fun and interesting, but fuck this is so boring. It's so boring that I've been even dreading to practice the shit I read off of because fuck, it means staying on the page longer. Is it just the way they are teaching it?
>>
>uggghhhh I hate learning math
Don't be a mathematician
>but I love applying it
Be an engineer/physicist/chemist/etc.
>>
>>8720072
That's the idea mang.
I'm hoping to enter STEM, I want to be an engineer or maybe a theoretical physicist, but fucking god, I'm so tired of studying. I want to DO. I have 1000x more fun sitting down and actually solving and doing shit than I do just sitting here toiling away through these FUCKING pages.

In order to actually get to be an engineer or enter STEM, I HAVE to know this shit, so I HAVE to fucking learn it.
>>
>>8720078
What is it you're currently struggling with? T. Mech. Eng. here who posted above, I found certain mathematical concepts hard to grasp but loved EVERY part of Calculus. Maybe it's just the stuff or subject you're learning. You and I are similar in the fact that we want to get out there and apply what we know but what we sometimes forget is that we must learn these things before we can actually apply it.
>>
>>8720104
I'm not even struggling, I'm just bored. Maybe I'm burnt out. I did just recover from a terrible virus that left me tired and bedridden over the last week, and I have been having to get back into my studying groove again.

I try to force myself to read this shit, but it just drains me for some reason. Maybe I need more meds.
>>
>>8720104
Or maybe I just dislike how slow this shit is. Learning.
I have about a month before I take my college entry exam, and I'm trying to learn as much as I can. Maybe I'm just burning myself out that way. It makes sense why I'd look at the page count and feel fucking overwhelmed that way.
>>
>>8720122
>Force Myself
This almost never works. At least in my case, forcing yourself means you're not goig to put your full attention into it which ends up with the law of diminishing returns, AKA you won't take as much from your studying. I would just take a break for a couple hours to a day and come back to it with a fresh mindset
>>
>>8720165
i kind of want to tell you the ecumenical point of engineering school, but i'm just so fucking tired and i think you probably aren't worth it.
>>
>>8720165
Alright I guess.
I was thinking of just taking a break over the weekend and going back on Monday anyway. I've kind of given up on playing video games but I guess I'll go ahead and play Overwatch or Planetside or something over the next two days. Take a breather. I only just got to feeling in good health again anyways.
>>
Why dont you just DO some math then faggot?

You're sitting here complaining when there is LITERALLY nothing stopping you from downloading a few problem sets and working through them. Go back to the learning when you fibd something you can't do.

Literally no fucking point trying to read all that math anyway if you aren't learning how to use it along the way. You'll forget everything, worksheets are the way to understanding
>>
>>8720209
Where do I grab some sets then? What are the most reputable sites?
>>
>>8720222
Just google worksheets or problem sets for whatever it is you are learning, cant go wrong.
>>
>>8720222
>>8720234
Alternatively go to libgen and download a relevant textbook. They always have heaps of problems
>>
>>8720072
What if you like both?
>>
>>8720062
learning by doing
>>
>>8720062
I think it's the opposite.
>>
>>8720739
seconded
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.