[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would he land on his feet, or on his head because its the other side.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: sci-Nerd ANswer this.jpg (314KB, 1192x1181px) Image search: [Google]
sci-Nerd ANswer this.jpg
314KB, 1192x1181px
Would he land on his feet, or on his head because its the other side.
>>
He wouldn't make it out, he'd eventually settle at the core.
>>
>>8720000
well if there's no core then all the mass is gone and with it the gravity

so depending on initial he'd just float or come out the other end and keep going
>>
>>8720064
He wouldn't make it out, he'd eventually settle at the core.
>>
>>8719990
I'm not going to talk about gravity or the core. I'm just going to assume that he will make it out the other side.

I'd say he would be on his head. If we drop an object normally, the heaviest part of it goes first. Like a badminton shuttle. So he jumps in feet first, and as he's falling turns to be head first. He will stay like this as he flies past the center and land on the other side on his feet.
>>
>>8720095
read the pic
there's no core
>>
>>8720098
I accidentally said head and also feet. I mean he would and on his feet.
>>
>>8720108
Then he'd settle in the middle, where the core would be. Once he reaches Earth's center, gravity is pushing on him with equal force in all directions.
>>
>>8720108
She wouldn't make it out, she'd eventually settle at the core.
>>
File: crls1[1].gif (9KB, 398x293px) Image search: [Google]
crls1[1].gif
9KB, 398x293px
Two problems:
1: Air friction would slow him down during the whole trip. If there was no air, then he could potentially make it to the other side, but if there is even the tiniest amount of friction he will slow, and end up slinging back and forth and then settling in the center of the Earth

2: Unless the tube was perfectly between the two rotational poles of the Earth, then the Coriolis Effect would cause the person to ram against the side of the tube repeatedly, grinding them into dust. In even a 1 mile vertical shaft the coriolis effect is massive. At the very least, the coriolis effect would cause the jumping person to rotate a lot
>>
File: harry.jpg (76KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
harry.jpg
76KB, 1920x1080px
>>8720125
Don't switch to female pronouns, you ass
Masculine is gender neutral in English
Moreover, it was repeatedly stipulated that it was a man.

If you got that much problem with gendered pronouns, use 'they'
and if your problem is not with pronouns but with the male gender as a whole, kill yourself.
>>
>>8720143
what if he got a sex change on his way through the earth's core, shitlord
>>
File: 1412626167374.jpg (471KB, 1280x912px) Image search: [Google]
1412626167374.jpg
471KB, 1280x912px
>>8720143
But masculinity is gross desu
>>
>>8720143
They wouldn't make it out, they'd eventually settle at the core.
>>
>>8720143
This, god damn. It has nothing to do with muh sexism, he's just trying to stir shit up and knows it.

Or it's a girl baiting to be referred to as "he" so "she" can attention whore
>>
Lets assume that he didn't rotate as he fell straight through the planet, that he didn't experience any frictional forces, that he is a uniform sphere, and that he didn't burn up. If all of this happened, then he would emerge from the other side of the planet with exactly zero velocity and with his head pointed towards the ground.

Why? Because gravity is a conservative force, and it will just translate his position. It's not going to impart any rotation on him.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.