[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My existential perception

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: hith-sistine-chape.jpg (318KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hith-sistine-chape.jpg
318KB, 1920x1080px
Ever since I had my brain surgery, (not sure if it is entirely dependent on what im about to say), my perception of reality seem to be foggy or disrupted. I no longer view the world the way I did a few years ago. Its almost as if im a robot that just drifts through time living what life he has. I feel like Im not me or rather I feel very disconnected with reality. I still do things like I used to and my personality is roughly the same.

Anyone else have this happen to them, does this having something to do with become mature?

P.S. This famous picture is somewhat inspiring to me. You will notice that god and the angels create the outline of a brain. My take on this painting is that our world and perception is entirely created with out brain. God being the all mighty entity that he is, could possibly just be a function of understanding relative to the brain

Im posting on more than a couple boards because I need answers. Thank you.
>>
Where did they operate? What was the procedure?
>>
>>8719784
They removed a benign glioma tumor the size of a quarter in the left frontal lobe. Relative to other brain surgeries this one was much lower risk since it was easy to get to and not malignant.
>>
Interesting. Take a bunch of psychoactive drugs. If they don't work, you'll know there is a problem with your brain chemistry. If you find yourself tripping balls, that would be a good time to do some contemplation on your issue. Psychotherapy works.
>>
Have you noticed an increase in situations where you do something, then immediately realize you shouldn't have done that, even before seeing the consequences of the action?
>>
>>8719803
ehh i mean for the most part Im a very logical person and I dont seem to get myself in trouble.
>>
>>8719800
I smoke a fair amount of weed, the only thing is this has been happening before I even started smoking. Im planning on trying some shrooms as well.
>>
>>8719803
also, kinda. Im good at detecting future problems.
>>
File: 1484944472545.jpg (50KB, 455x341px) Image search: [Google]
1484944472545.jpg
50KB, 455x341px
>>8719766
>Creation of Adam is actually a brain meme
>>
>>8719766
>My take on this painting is that our world and perception is entirely created with out brain

Woah dude you're like the first person to think of this
>>
>>8719846
with our brain***

but yes I know people have thought the same, the reason I said that is to spark a conversation.
>>
>>8719853
Alright. What do you think of descartes? All natural and physical laws we know are simply based on the fact that they have worked everytime. We hit a ping pong ball with a paddle, and the ball moves the opposite way. Etc.

We can't know if anything is "real" or even if our physical brains exist.

We're not even sure if we control our thoughts.

The only thing we can know for sure is that our mind thinks, and therefore our minds, if nothing else, exist
>>
>>8719866
I think, therefore I am. I think Descartes was a smart man.
>>
>>8719877
Agreed
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.