[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else have a difficult time switching between two

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: math.jpg (25KB, 350x398px) Image search: [Google]
math.jpg
25KB, 350x398px
Does anyone else have a difficult time switching between two different sciences? I've only recently begun to notice it since I'm taking upper level biology and maths/chemistry courses simultaneously, but I feel like if I switch between the two in one day nothing really "sticks". I need to dedicate one day to biology and one to chemistry/maths. Anyone have any advice on how to circumvent this problem?
>>
Wish I did, unfortunately you'll just have to power through

I am curious on why you're doing both upper level math and Chem bio.... double major?
If so, that answers your question

If not, your academic advisor is screwing you
>>
Do physics as chemistry and biology are trivial applications that can be left to the reader
>>
Yep, double major. I just find that it's very difficult to transition between mindsets. This becomes especially frustrating in upper level maths courses when I have to recall the mental steps I took to make sense of a theorem. It seems trivial when I'm looking at it one second and in the next it may as well be gibberish.
>>
>>8718518
Ah, I know my limits. I feel like a physics degree is great if you're truly brilliant... I'm smart but not smart enough to contribute anything worthwhile to physics. On the other hand, I think a good understanding of chemistry will put me miles ahead of most biologists and will allow me to make an impact in the field.
>>
>>8718526
Naw it makes sense.

It's a different type of learning.

Math is all conceptual, understanding the method and applications, don't mean to state the obvious here.

Bio and Chem essentially is memorization, a few formulas here and there, but different learning.

Brute force it mang, just keep on studying
>>
>>8718494
i did the same. And also that was pretty much the first thing i learned in psychology class. You always need a brake when learning two different types of subjects. Your brain needs time to process and remember. Thats why learning or looking at your school work before going to sleep is so effective. What you are doing is building up certain connections in you brain and using different areas in your brain when learning different subjects. So give your brain a little time before switching to something different otherwise your wasting your time
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.