[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Double Slit BTFO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: b.png (442KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
b.png
442KB, 500x500px
Why do people give a shit about the double slit and its results? So what if measurement makes a difference?

How useful are these findings, when you can set up the same lab experiment except scale it to the size of tennis balls that are shoot at two slits. Do you actually tink you'll see a defraction pattern? How is this experiment used to suggest reality somehow isn't real or virtual or whatever? It's results only matter to atomist NEETs who don't care about anything larger than an electron, so why should we care about their localized experimental data?
>>
>>8718138
>what is radio
>what is wifi
>what is x-ray
>what are microscopes
>what are telescopes

Particle wave duality is the most fundamental property of Electromagnetic Radiation. Now go back to doing your homework little Johnny, I don't want to get a call from Mr. Peterson again regarding your grades.
>>
>>8718138
people commonly reject things they are too stupid to understand. you seem to have done that.
>>
>>8718693
>>8718197
I mean you guys didnt say anything substantial. Instead of attacking my argument, you're attacking my person.. nice try.
>>
>>8718138
I think it shows there is always subjectivity on the part of the observer. That we see what we choose to see.
>>
>>8719409
Damn you really understand physics breh, quantum waves and electron density and all of that fundamental shit that is analogous to the particle wave behavior of photons doesn't exist at all breh even though the whole of chemistry is COMPLETELY based on that shit
>>
>>8719430
you don't have cancer UNTIL a doctor measures you and detects it.

Why else do you think these diseases have skyrocketed in modern times? that's right, because we're now actively looking for them and once you look, you create
>>
>>8719689
If you'll excuse me I'm gonna go look in my bank account for millions of dollars.
>>
>>8719710
Don't leave us hanging, anon.
>>
>>8719710
it's all determined by a draw of a probability distribution. so when you go and check it, you'll notice there's a history associated with your bank account and with your lifestyle. the chances of you finding millions of dollars in your bank account are very low but not impossible (causes could be due to an error in the system or something else) and yet you will most likely draw what is most probable from the distribution of choices available.
>>
>>8719689
Yes you do you doofus, humans are not the only observers.
>>
>>8719891
>humans are not the only observers
[citation needed]

We're clearly above animals in any sort of faculty, see secondary theory of mind. Or do you think animals ponder about the vastness and beauty of the universe?
>>
>>8718138
I had a double slit experience once. The results were epic but it did make single slit experiences a little less exciting after that.
>>
>>8720223
"Observation" in physics, QM in particular, means particles interacting with other particles.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.