[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brainlet studying techniques

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_5985.jpg (16KB, 347x313px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5985.jpg
16KB, 347x313px
Any good ways for brainlets like us to start killing it like the elites?
>>
I feel like it's too late for me, like my curiosity to learn didn't develop til I was an adult and now there's no way to catch up
>>
>>8715790
Explain your situation
>>
>>8715753
>Any good ways for brainlets like us to start killing it like the elites?
Yes.
The more hours you put into it, the better.
Are you ready for 10 hours a day for 10 years?
No.
>>
File: 1478673539015.gif (875KB, 311x265px) Image search: [Google]
1478673539015.gif
875KB, 311x265px
Math undergrad/stats phd here

This is what I did and I found it to be very effective. First buy a ream of printer paper.

0. Read the sections to be covered before going to lecture with a pencil and paper in hand.

1. Take class notes on printer paper and staple them together at the end of the lecture.

2. Copy the notes but into your notebook but in a more organized manner and filling in the "gaps" in the proofs, as well as proving things that were not proved in class.

3. Reread section later on that night with a pencil and paper in hand.
>>
>>8715954
Please elaborate as much as you can.
>>
>>8715971
are you not sure what pencil/stapler combination will work best?
>>
>>8715753
Be obsessed with the material that you're trying to study
>>
>>8715974
what the fuck do you mean reading the section with pencil and paper in hand?
How can I effectively take notes?

t. brainlet.
>>
>>8715990
by writing with ur hand

wtf is your question??
>>
>>8716010

What criterion do you use when determining what to write down or not?
Do you write it in your own words or verbatim from source lecture/text?
Etc...
>>
File: too_intelligent.jpg (70KB, 559x836px) Image search: [Google]
too_intelligent.jpg
70KB, 559x836px
>>8716022
Except for definitions, write it out in your own words. How the fuck are you going to internalize something if you cannot even understand it?
>>
>>8716038

Tfw I paraphrase all definitions I learn and 3/4 of the time they are more eloquent, precise and explicit than what I was given.
Tfw literally to smart for word for word definition memorizing.
>>
>>8715753
Read far (years) ahead
>>
>>8715790
I feel similar, like I must've missed some super fundamental in math. I've always been able to get by on 80s-90s by memorizing processes, but when my calc 2 prof prooves theorems using stuff like "for d>0, epsilon..." my eyes just glaze over
>>
>>8715753
actually understand the subject
visualize, put into contexts etc.
skim it first to see the bigger picture before you study

most importantly, dont be mentally lazy
not talking about "just study man"
i dont know how to explain this really
but dont hesitate to think, and think harder
>>
>>8716239

Thinking "hard" is a buzzword.
On the other hand thinking more and longer is not, and is actually effective.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.