[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on Computer Science, ty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (770KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
770KB, 750x1334px
Redpill me on Computer Science, ty
>>
>>8713645
Who's Ty? I think you might be confused, this is /sci/ we talk about ACTUAL science here hon ;).
>>
But no seriously there's a lot of jobs available for it and shit so you'll at least have an easy enough time finding a job. Better than the mech engineering meme degree.
>>
>>8713645
It's fun if you're into it. Sadly over half of the entire industry is made up of overpaid morons who call themselves engineers despite being glorified copy pasters.
>>
File: The truth about CS.png (89KB, 1155x409px) Image search: [Google]
The truth about CS.png
89KB, 1155x409px
>>8713645
>>
>>8713991
This is unfortunately true for a lot of universities.

Thankfully mine isn't that way. I am wrapping up a double major in CS and Math and my CS has had just as rigorous math courses as my math program.

Too bad most "computer science" programs any more are glorified code boot camps.
>>
>>8714216
>CS has had just as rigorous math courses as my math program.
So you're actually a retarded person?
Nice. Not even high-level maths for theoretical physicists is presented as rigorously as math-maths. Because it doesn't fucking need to.
Doing math for the sake of math is very different from doing math for the sake of something else.
>>
>>8714229
I'm sorry you went to Statename State University.

Maybe if you NEETs had been admitted to real universities you wouldn't have received such poor educations.
>>
>>8714243
I'm not the person claiming maths for CS is as rigorous as pure maths.
If you don't see why that's an absolutely retarded statement then you really should kys.
Unless you tried to claim that your CS major MADE you take maths courses offered/taught wholly or in part by the math department that your math major didn't, which were as rigorous as math courses in your math major.
In which case you're probably right, just bad at writing.
>>
>>8714243
>Statename State University
There are plenty of (...ok, a few) state universities that are top-tier in certain fields. Berkeley is a state school and it was ranked #1 in CS at least once.
>>
>>8714292
>Unless you tried to claim that your CS major MADE you take maths courses offered/taught wholly or in part by the math department that your math major didn't, which were as rigorous as math courses in your math major.
>In which case you're probably right, just bad at writing.

This is what I meant. Apologies on poor writing ability
>>
File: bone_tomahawk.jpg (124KB, 1012x531px) Image search: [Google]
bone_tomahawk.jpg
124KB, 1012x531px
>>8714364
All right then.
Mine too btw.
>>
>>8713991
this is literally me. But more of a retarded dudebro than a video gamer. Hate logical semantics and math.

But does your "math mind" help you solve "computer science" problems like this:

this statement returns an (X, Y) value that moves a node up and down on a graph depending on PROG_INT

"return iY + (dY), iX +(PROG_INT * dX)"

how would you modify the formulas in the return statement so that the node moves in a circle clockwise, starting and ending in the same spot?
>>
If you know how to use plug n chug logic you learned from math be a computer science major and you can make over $80,000 a year starting after you graduate. That's it.
>>
>>8713645
>Computer Science
It will turn you into a antisocial zombie and a wageslave. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
>>
>>8714417
Still better than being gay, EE fag
>>
>>8714417
What if I'm already an anti-social zombie, though?
>>
>>8714323
Technically Berkley isn't a Statename State University. It's a University of Statename. In California this is a minor but important distinction. University of Statenames are large research institutions while the Statename State University system is dedicated to education.
>>
>>8714414
Sounds nice. How far will 80,000 a year get me?
>>
>>8713648
>hun
>;)

Please end your existence swiftly
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.