[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who poor /spatial reasoning/ here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: CDPQewMW4AA13IF.jpg (37KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
CDPQewMW4AA13IF.jpg
37KB, 600x900px
>be me
>in lab class
>given simple instructions in spoken word on how to operate an impedance analyzer by a "lab demonstrator"
>can't visualize what the demonstrator is explaining but too autistic to ask for help
>no written manual or instructions given except a sheet which asks questions
>everyone manages to get good results with their impedance analyzer except me
>fiddle around with the knobs just to pretend I know what I am doing
>turn the gain up to 100 V
>connect capacitor to the probes
>a large spark erupts nearly setting the table on fire
>everyone stops and looks at me
>lab demonstrator screams
>"WTF ARE YOU DOING ANON. I SPECIFICALLY SAID TO TURN THE GAIN UP TO 10V NOT 100V!!!!"

How do I increase my spatial reasoning /sci/? I predict a poor and unfortunate future ahead of me if I cannot visualize instructions given by people who are too cruel to provide instructions.
>>
I've never liked watching someone else do something/talk through it, then expect me do it. I agree its much better to have written instructions.
>>
>>8713627
>lab tech tells you to turn gain to 10V
>you turn it up to 100V
I fail to see what this has to do with spatial reasoning.
>>
>>8713627
>I predict a poor and unfortunate future ahead of me if I cannot visualize instructions given by people who are too cruel to provide instructions.
Who gives a shit about spatial reasoning? You can predict the fucking future, m8.
>>
>>8713627
I sympathize with this. I'm shit with any verbal instructions, I can't remember them worth shit and can barely manage to follow along when anybody is talking, I always completely mishear or drop entire sentences.

The only reason I got through with my last internship was because my manager sent me literally everything through email, and any in-person discussions I literally sat there and transcribed.

Be autistic, anon. I actually carry a whiteboard/clipboard just for this. You could have scribbled down every word he said and had it for reference, and just wiped it off after so you don't waste paper.
>>
>>8713627
>spatial reasonin
? lol ?
>>
this word gets thrown around here a lot but you are indeed a brainlet.

drop out, brainlet
>>
If you have trouble picking things up on the go you're probably going to need to do more prep work beforehand. If you know what you're measuring, how you're measuring it and why you'll have a much easier time engaging with what the demonstrator is doing. As a bonus you'll also do better in the lab.

Also almost every undergraduate lab is done throughout universities across the country to the point where you can usually find a YouTube video of a TA doing the demo online, so that might also help you out
>>
>>8713627
I have very good spatial reasoning but do not have the attention span to perceive the information given or deliberate my actions properly, leading me to have frequent problems just like yours. It sucks
>>
>>8713627
Sorry, brainlet for life.
>>
>>8713627
i fail at all labs too.
>>
>>8713799
>>8714436
Happened to me. I take ADHD meds now though and am a fuckig chad when it comes to labs.
>>
>>8713775
This OP

Prior preparation is key to excelling in labs

Read up about the methods and theory as much as possible beforehand

Ask your TA how you can prepare
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.