[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Procrastination

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Procrastination-Now-vs-Later.jpg (301KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
Procrastination-Now-vs-Later.jpg
301KB, 1600x1066px
Any books on how to stop procrastinating ?
It's my main illness.
>>
You do realise how ironic that sounds?
>>
>>8710893
Just post the book, i'll read it later.
>>
>>8710891
I'm also interested in this
>>
>>8710891
There is an excellent waitbutwhy article on this
http://waitbutwhy.com/2013/10/why-procrastinators-procrastinate.html
>>
>>8710891
>I have a lot of shit to do
>I haven't been doing it because I have been procrastinating
>So I want to ignore all the shit I have to do for a little while longer while I read a book to stop procrastinating
>Then I'll do the shit I have to do, I swear

Sir, the test results are here. I am sorry but the results are positive. You are retarded.
>>
Start by taking small steps now.

Don't focus on doing everything all at once or you'll psych yourself out.
>>
>decide to procrastinate
>smoke some weed
>realize the ramifications of my procrastination before its too late
>get my work done
I like weed.
>>
the only way to truly kill procrastination is a ~100% eradication of the bad habits that fuel it. This I figure takes months to do, a summer break perhaps. Physical fitness is integral to this, establishing healthy habits and meditation to search for contentment.
>>
>Tell your doctor
>Aquire amphetamines
>Never do anything unproductive ever again
>>
Does anyone have Cal Newports book pdf link? I haven't been able to find one, and no library in my area has a copy (I don't want to interlibrary loan it because last time I did that with a popular-material/non-scientific book the librarian gave me dirty looks.
>>
>>8710891
"Ham on Rye" by Heinrich Karl Bukowski
>>
>>8710971
This is pretty good, as someone that has been procrastinating for last 2 years it's clear that take one item at a time and divide that in logical steps is the only solution to do things.
>>
File: nicework.jpg (20KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
nicework.jpg
20KB, 640x640px
>>8710891
I find that i dont procrastinate because i dont really think about it. Yup thats my secret.

I either do the thing right as soon as i remember it or say, in the next five minutes. And come that five minutes i then do it.

Ignorance is strength i guess...

Actually i think theres more to this secret, its that i always do things exactly when i intend to do them, and if i really fuck up and put it off untill the night comes, i just shrug and say "i guess i needed a little more time off than i thought". I dont know if this helps. But its basically compassion for oneself and ones predicament. But the important thing is that you dont lay down the behaviour pattern of putting off 5 minutes, then 10, then 15. Just get really used to doing it.
>>
>>8710891
Pretty much this >>8711063.

The only thing that will cure your procrastination is a mindset shift. Only once you realize that you have the ability to decide what to do at any given moment will you be enlightened. Take every action with intention.
>>
>>8711470
>(I don't want to interlibrary loan it because last time I did that with a popular-material/non-scientific book the librarian gave me dirty looks.
Which book? You could try just not being a pussy.
>>
This is also some good advice.
>>8711428
Exercise really washes out the brain of emotions which might drag on past their use. These emotions might be a cause of procrastination.
+ Also exercise gives you more energy, so basically your improving your productivity.
- Exercise takes the time to exercise, which cant be spent learning.
>>
>>8711450
Yeah, almost
It worked for me till I found out just how much more efficient I was when playing vidya
>>
The power of habit by charles duhigg

change your habits
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.