[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>do human experiment on self >eat raw garlic on empty stomach

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (26KB, 550x415px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 550x415px
>do human experiment on self
>eat raw garlic on empty stomach every morning
>tummy hurt like hell for half an hour like someone stabbed me
>do this every day
>a few weeks later
>tummy doesn't hurt anymore after eating garlic

Whats the scientific explanation of how my stomach managed to develop immunity from eating raw garlic /sci/?

I haven't managed to find any explanation about this interesting medical discovery I accidently stumbled upon.

>inb4 I am doomsday
>>
you fucked up your stomach so much that your body got used to it
>>
>>8710232
You became a zombie.
>>
>>8710232
You have fructans sensitivity. This is due to an imbalance in gut bacteria and causes you pain when fructans (fructose chain found in garlic, undigestable by humans) are consumed.
The pain is caused directly by gas buildup from the fermentation of fructans.
Its possible that your gut bacteria balanced out in response to consistantly high levels of fructans fermentation.
Its also possible but unlikely that this is due to neural adaptation.
>>
>>8710260
thanks for the proper explanation. So is my garlic immunity thing only temporary? Like if I go off gaflic for a few months will it hurt gain if I consume it?
>>
>>8710232
>people won't leave me alone
>girls keep asking me to tutor them
>professors keep trying to set me up with their daughters
>signing up for courses
>registrar spreads her legs and says her and her husband have an open relationship
>enough is enough
>start to eat entire garlic bulbs in the shower before heading out
>miasma builds in the car as I drive to uni and hand it off to the valet
>mfw 300k starting and personal valet
>hfw garlic
>everyone gags as I pass by them
>no longer have any teaching duties
>free to spend my days shitposting on /sci/ and winning ig nobels
>>
>>8710266
You should test it out to see if it's actually a change in gut bacteria or neural adaptation. I'd assume that neural adaptation would take longer than gut balancing, so depending on how long it takes for the garlic to start hurting again you could determine the cause.
>>
>>8710266
If you stop eating so much garlic, your gut (which does not naturally foster fructans consuming bacteria) will very likely return to its natural unbalanced state.
I reccomend making up a big batch of garlic butter and using that on one component of your diet per day, like eggs for breakfast fried in garlic butter instead of oil.
Unless you really like whole cloves.
>>
true fax: I like to eat raw garlic the intense pain reminds me that we are just corporeal beings in a cage of torture i hate my parents
>>
>starting drinking protein shakes
>have tummy aches, gas
>Drink them for many months

Now I do not get tummy aches or gas. Your body just gets used to it. Kinda like the people in third world countries who drink dirt water. If you tried doing that, you'd shit your guts out for days.
>>
>>8710266
garlic is really good for your gut health
I would say just start eating it in food instead of forcing yourself to eat a clove raw
Make sure you exercise to sweat out the funk and scrape your tongue when you brush your teeth
>>
>>8710290
Fucking cuck Jimmy, I told you that you're grounded.
>>
>>8710232
>tummy
>>
>>8710300

>protein shakes

that always sounds kinda gay
>>
>>8710916

You only say that because it sounds like male ejaculate.
>>
>>8710232
>Whats the scientific explanation of how my stomach managed to develop immunity
It's still damaging your stomach: You no longer have the sense to feel the damage/pain.
Every little bit of damage grows over years and the decades and ages us, makes us sick later on.
But lots of people doing it, doing lots of fads believing they're "special" food.
>>
>>8710266
I see great opportunities for other human experiments OP.
>>
>>8710270
kek
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.