[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do dogs cannibalize other breeds?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: wirehaired.jpg (99KB, 443x600px) Image search: [Google]
wirehaired.jpg
99KB, 443x600px
Would a bigger dog breed (if starving) cannibalize a smaller dog? Or do dogs somehow recognize other breeds, despite the vast morphological differences between various breeds, and therefore would not eat the smaller completely different looking dog?
>>
I still don't understand how the fuck a wolf is selectively bred into a chiahuahua over the course of thousands of years.

Thousands of years is nothing.
>>
>>8709520
" Small breeds tend to mature faster than large breeds. On average, however, males become fertile after six months of age and reach full sexual maturity by 12 to 15 months."

"An average litter consists of about five to six puppies"

Then i think you just keep cross breeding till you get what you want
>>
>>8709520
that's 7 thousands of years, tho
>>
>>8709514
My brother's dog killed and ate several of the neighborhood dogs. It was a mix breed of Bully Kutta, Kangal, and English Mastiff. It pretty much killed and ate anything and everything. A neighbor has a pack of wolfdogs. I've no clue what they are crossed with, but they are the largest dogs I've ever seen and all snow white. They also kill and eat anything and everything in the area if they get loose. If they get loose she has to call some special dog swat team hotline to get them back and helicopters are dispatched to find them. They've only escaped once.
>>
>>8709520
>>8709556
They didn't take 1,000s of years to make them though. Making a new bread is a fairly simple task and shouldn't take more than a couple 100 years.
>>
>>8709581
Were the dogs of smaller breed or did the dog eat any type of dog?
>>
>>8709520
>Thousands of years is nothing
For natural selection.

Artificial selection is natural selection on the most potent steroids imaginable. It's like the difference between prime Arnold Schwarzenegger and current Stephen Hawking. Which is actually an OK analogy because huge steroid use can cause some bad side effects as well.
>>
I've got a batter question. What if you inseminated a chihuahua female with the sperm from a great Dane?
>>
>>8709716
Would it even work?
>>
>>8709721
In theory I don't see why not, but I wonder if the brood would be too large for the chihuahua and threaten its life. I guess we can only find out by experimenting.
>>
>>8709520

>I still don't understand how the fuck a wolf is selectively bred into a chiahuahua over the course of thousands of years.

The key lies in short lifespan and maturity rates. It's the same reason why we were able to customize the genome of plants so much before modern genetic engineering came to be.

It's also the same reason why insects are so diverse. Shorter lives, quicker maturity, faster breeding, higher mortality, rapid mutation.

Think about how many generations of dog/plant/insect you could generate in a thousand years. Then think about the difference in results you could get between first generation and last generation within that thousand year span.

This is also why humans in comparison seem to change so slowly. We live much longer and while we can have kids at a young age we have actively applied pressure on ourselves to live longer every generation.
>>
>>8709730
It's come up occasionally, but if the mother is the chihuahua a c-section is necessary.
>>
>>8709514
you guys are disgusting and i hope you have a bad future with your small penis
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.