[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of math is this? Seems made up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

hat kind of math is this? Seems made up. Looks like someone defined a bunch of symbols and made a lot of shit up that no one else reads. What background is needed to understand this? Is this shit made up or real math?
>>
I've never taken this kind of course but I can tell you it's logic proofs based. Maybe an abstract algebra course.
>>
>>8709437
>Landweber-flat

That is algebraic topology.
>>
>>8709437
>Seems made up
its all made up
>>
How many years study to understand this?
>>
Thanks for reminding me of just how much math I've forgotten since graduating.
>>
>>8709673
Algebraic Topology. Take the right classes and it's not implausible to be able to comprehend this by the end of undergrad if you are motivated
>>
>>8709685
>>8709685
What does it take to understand this?
>>
>>8709685
I meant this image
>>
>>8709685
Why is algebraic topology easier than algebraic geometry if the former sounds much harder?
>>
>>8709743
Topology sounds like a fancier word
>>
>>8709708
>which is injective on K_gamma-homology with image exactly the subspace dual to the linear polynomials in the power series ring.
Uh wuh
>>
>>8709708

Take out all the words you don't know and then write down the definitions of all the words then make a relation map between those words with ones that you do know. Now you're done with the vocabulary. Do the sentences next. Label the parts of speech, keeping track of the verbs, nouns and relations between them. Think about what a statement implies. Think about what the negation of the statement implies. Don't get stuck on one sentence. Move on after you have a couple basic consequences.

While you're looking up the definitions of the terms, which you will need, you will find a faster way of making sense of the relations between them that you won't be able to anticipate. You won't have this realization unless you look up the definition of all the terms.

The trick is to prioritize terms, finding terms that all the other terms are related to, or depend on. That's the easiest way to start read subjects you know nothing about.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.