[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tutoring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: received_936726176416151.jpg (406KB, 2048x1370px) Image search: [Google]
received_936726176416151.jpg
406KB, 2048x1370px
I'm trying to tutor my girlfriend in math. She's, frankly, atrocious at it. She is at best a pre-algebra level. That said, she has potential, just doesn't learn well in a classroom setting. Is there a comprehensive list of subjects by math level? I have some experience tutoring, but was told what to teach by the student/parent based on what they were struggling with, not for a full course.
>>
try not dating an 8 year old
>>
>>8708972

>pre-algebra

wtf you pedo
>>
Both 18, she tested into 0960 math in college which is pre algebra. This year she fiinally got diagnosed with dyscalculia aka math dyslexia after years of just feeling dumb.
>>
>>8709214
>dyscalculia
LOL is this actually real? Do psychologists just make up garbage to stop people from getting their pussy feeling hurt? If you're bad at mat you're bad at math. Not everyone can be smart.
>>
>>8709214
>dyscalculia
nigga what
>>
>>8709277
She has mild dyslexia, primarily with numbers
>>
>>8708972
Sure teach what they're struggling with. But if they're not struggling with the material and struggling with their own brain issues, there's nothing you can do unless she can overcome it.
>>
start with graph theory. its dots and sticks, so its a very visual learning experience.

and geometry ofc.

then move onto conics and elementary functions. Trig, ln, exp

N,R,Z,Q,C : group/ring/field theory

Completeness of R and convergence

series, infinite series

differentiation/integration

complex numbers

differential equations
probably as most of what you need.
>>
>>8709367
Ive worked with dyslexics, i find they can understand the content and work through dyslexia if taught one on one so they only have one thing working against them
>>
>>8709214
>dyscalculia
xDDDDD
>>
>>8709214
>>8709246
>psychology isn't pseudoscience they said
>>
>>8708972
You have to teach her to read the section in the book that preceeds the problems she has to do at the end of that section.

Then you have to teach her that she needs to read the section's second page until she understands it's first page and so on.

The thing about math, especially intro math like calc and pre-calc, is that the section is always well written in every textbook and it always completely explains how to handle the problems that are in her homework assignment.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.