[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hallucinogens

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: luminous coral.jpg (178KB, 1600x1200px)
luminous coral.jpg
178KB, 1600x1200px
What's /sci/'s opinion on hallucinogens?

A mushroom trip I had a few years ago seemed to have cured me of depression for good after ten years of struggle. LSD has helped me minimize my ego, get rid off bad habits and opened up my mind to new points of view. Resulting in me being more understanding and empathetic whilst getting more productive due to a clearer focus.
>>
>>8706671
Maybe the brain damage just made you less aware of those things. Prove me wrong?
>>
>>8706675
Please provide me with any sort of proof of LSD or mushrooms being the cause of brain damage.

I've had brain damage from a sleeping pill overdose back in the day, affecting my nerve system in the sense that the automatic reflexes were wiped in a sense and all movement had to be built up consciously again so I know what brain damage feels like.
>>
Hallucinogenic ingestion is a method by which you can externally force the brain into 'reset' or 'workout' mode.

By shutting down certain parts of the brain it reroutes connections and opens up new areas of understanding, however this can lead to 'hyper-awareness/interconnectedness' and some people just become a bit babbly-boo.

Think of the brain like a quantum pump/muscle. It is most active during the first few years of childhood, then again during puberty, but it can 'wind down' as you age. Neuron density still increases as more connections are made with time but without the elasticity of youth you don't always make those amazing leaps of intellect that a child does.

Shrooms -> LSD -> DMT
>>
>>8706699

That actually makes a lot of sense in the context of my experiences around them. And I do agree that some people get a bit loopy from the use of it. My theory is that it has to do with ones approach and execution but also that one does not indulge too much in what isn't real and tries to ground oneself to the "reset" and not so much to the hallucinations.

DMT is my next endeavor, had the opportunity last year but didn't feel right at the time. But it does seem like something worthwhile.
>>
>>8706707
You good sir are correct to the fullness that I can verify/validate. It's essentially trying to stay within your individual 'zone', but it isn't any different than not picking up 20kg weights if it's your first time at the fucking gym.

I would say the ratio to stick within is consume only as much hallucinogens to your personal neural density. IF you exceed then you have a 'bad trip', if you go under then you just get visuals.

Also! Remember to say hello to me on your DMT trip. I'm a friendly time-traveler, I promise.
>>
File: 1486683508472.jpg (204KB, 786x777px) Image search: [Google]
1486683508472.jpg
204KB, 786x777px
I did shrooms with my best friends recently. It started out wth us laughing at how interesting it's effects were, then slowly devolved into an intense therapy session. I've never been that honest with anyone in my life. We spilled our guts out to each other and I talked to them about my deepest, most worrying concerns - some of them things that I've never even privately acknowledged to myself.

I ended up crying like a bitch but I feel so much better about my life now, and just generally calmer. I suspect there is some heavily untapped psychiatric potential in shrooms, my friend said his anxiety problems have improved drastically since the trip.

I heavily suggest trying it once: make sure you're somewhere really comfy, with close friends (who you also feel comfortable around). Make tea with it. Put on some music. I brought some paints and little canvases, I made some very nice art too.

I'm a chemist, and thinking about chemistry while high on shrooms is amazing. I had some really interesting ideas for my project just sitting there which I wrote down and later validated when I was sober. You make connections you otherwise might have missed.
>>
>>8706713
Seems like a fair approach, although my bad trips have had their value as well. Its a psychological challenge to live through some scary situations where you can not even trust your senses.

>>8706722
For sure, I think its just because you get exposed in really vulnerable way. I've done it on both shrooms and MDMA and both are great in that sense. It fosters a new level of fraternal connection. Its like making love to eachothers minds, haha
>>
>>8706733
How the hell can you ever trust somebody that much?
>>
>>8706722
Did shrooms with friends once.
It was starting well but it turned out one of us was the "DUDE DRUGS ARE TO DO RANDOM SHIT LMAO" type and started breaking glasses and pissing himself.
Everyone felt bad.
What a jerk.
>>
>>8706833
ouch. was he foreign?

I once invited this russian adoptee (to a rich russian family) over to eat dinner with my family and the entire time he moaned while he ate i was like uhhhhh wtf but said nothign cauze i was like 10 or somethingl.,
>>
>>8706828
Well I mean, I have never been worried about trusting people. I have strong psyche, physically strong so I never have a reason not to trust. If people try to take advantage I can take back control really easily. I don't really care about the way I am perceived either, and got no real secrets. If I don't live well enough to be transparent I deserve to be exposed for the hoax I am.

>>8706833
Yeah those are the worst people. I think its just the way he handled the stress of the demons one might have to confront. Since he pissed himself there was certainly some issue he didn't know how to express thus the outward randomness I'd say, to divert focus from his inner demons.
>>
>>8706864
Hmmmmm I like you.
>>
>>8706947
Ha! My guess is that we share first names. As for your comment, I like you too fellow psychonaut, haha.
>>
>>8706671
used to have a pretty crippling fear of death until i experienced ego dissolution on acid.

now i have a slightly less crippling fear of death.
>>
>>8707092
I do not fear death, when it happens it happens. Til then I live moment by moment, time only comes into play for organization. As long as I am in the moment, death won't exist until it comes around.
>>
>>8706987
Probably, said saint was martyred by being sawn in half and was more a representation of a group of people that were avenging priests ultimately. Mislabeled canninites are we.

>>8707092
>>8707111
These are the ideal approaches to have to life. A lot of people tend to fixate too much on death being 'here and now', when in truth death is more an 'ultimate rebirth of our combinatory energy' concept. It's like living your entire life wanting to win the lottery and ONLY the lottery, it can really screw up any opportunities of the here and now.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.