[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to take a 5 week differential equations class

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1442447862716.jpg (56KB, 418x720px) Image search: [Google]
1442447862716.jpg
56KB, 418x720px
Is it possible to take a 5 week differential equations class and a 5 week linear algebra class at the same time?
>>
>>8705967
Why are you asking /sci/ instead of your advisor or your university's registrar?
>>
>>8705976
The school would immediately say yes, even if it is impossible, just so they can get the most money out of me.
/sci/, while full of douchebags, is brutally honest and I trust it.
>>
>>8705986
>/sci/, while full of douchebags, is brutally honest and I trust it.
I feel all tingly inside.
Do you compliment the girls this way?
They don't like hearing how ugly and fat they are.
>>
Yes, my college you can.
>>
Depends, assuming you've had calculus, you must ask yourself 1 question...

Are you a brainlet?

Tbhwyf yeah it wouldn't be that hard if you didn't have work/active social life that you actually care about. If you go full basement dweller tier I would imagine it would actually be rather interesting and enjoyable.
>>
>>8706209
>Are you a brainlet?
Well, I'm taking calculus 3 right now. I tried taking a 5 week calc 2 course last summer (while also taking one other easy, but time consuming class), but it was way too hard and fast, so I ended up dropping it. I took it again during the fall and made a B.
>>
>>8706439
Assuming you're OP, I wouldn't. It is definitely possible and taking those two five week courses have nothing to do with being a "brainlet" or not, mostly.

It's more putting a shit ton of work into practice problems (DE) and understanding completely new concepts that you might have to prove which people struggle with (LA).

If you're going to do it, say bye to social life and be prepared to read about those classes before they start so you have a head start.
>>
>>8705967
These engineering sequence classes and are almost always end up being cookie-cutter experiences where textbooks can be swapped at professorial whim and exams are structurally similar up to coefficients. If you get a good study group going and grind on Schaum's Outlines and the MIT canon you'll get a B+ in both. If you need A's and/or can't get a motivated group together than I fear your solitary mind might not have the motivation or inclination to hunt out the odd tricks a professor might pull to separate the A's from the B's. I don't think it's possible to get such a group organized from strangers in a 5 week course.

If you don't actually like the material then the worst case is that you'll implode on the second weekend when have to spend 6+6 hours at a desk and then drop out entirely. Grade targeting would then be irrelevant.

Single variable calculus will be sufficient for both classes and, even with an A in both classes, it is entirely possible that you will not appreciate why either class is "a thing" much less required. Linear algebra is pretty deep from a CS/Stats point of view and differential equation classes are pretty much weed-out classes until you hit PDE/functional analysis/thermodynamics-or-later physics.
>>
undergrad is a fucking joke

I took analysis, abstract algebra and pdes in the same 10 week quarter
>>
>>8706531
But did you take Post-Anabelian Froeboid Geometrics?
I think not.
>>
>>8706531
I'm doing this now, genuinely not -that- difficult, as well as being a TA for Linear Algebra.

Go for it OP. DE is probably going to be a lot of work, but LA shouldn't be that bad. You might be confused when you get to what a Wronskian is, but other than that I wouldn't worry too much.
>>
Everything is possible if you wish.
>>
Definitely. I took a 5 week upper division physics course and a 5 week upper division math course and scored an A+ in both. As long as those are the only classes your taking and you work in a library from 7 to 5, it should be very manageable.
>>
>>8705967
why though? is graduating a semester really worth the hassle?

take your time with college fampai. focus on getting a good GPA and doing side projects/research/internships.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.