[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets be real there's only one question that matters:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: cozy pepe.gif (342KB, 666x386px) Image search: [Google]
cozy pepe.gif
342KB, 666x386px
And that's "Is the Universe deterministic", what would you do if Yes, what if No?

What do you think it is?
>>
>>8704407
obviously it is. how is this even open for debate?
>>
That's exactly the question that does not matter at all.

Obviously, in your day to day life it feels like there is free will.
Knowledge about this "higher truth" of whether or not the universe is or is not deterministic doesn't influence your actions.
Besides, maybe the question is ill-posed anyway, let's stop language games.
>>
>>8704413
"Obviously it is" - Please do explain

>>8704416
So you're telling me, if you were to find out tomorrow that the Universe is deterministic you'd carry on as if nothing happened?

You're insane
>>
>>8704423
>So you're telling me, if you were to find out tomorrow that the Universe is deterministic you'd carry on as if nothing happened?
>You're insane
Not him but I don't get why it's such a big deal to you. The universe is deterministic and you have free will insofar as that can even be called a coherent concept.
>>
>>8704442
If the Universe is deterministic then whats the point of living? By definition there can't be free will.
>>
>>8704453
What do you think is worse: The universe will end and everything you make will cease to be? Or the universe is deterministic?
>>
>>8704453
Most people come to a conclusion on their personal meaning of life in their teenage years.

Usually their life philosophy is developed enough to not give a shit about determinism.

What I'm trying to say is that either you're too young to browse this site or handicapped.
In either case, come back after thinking (in general) for a few years.
>>
>>8704407
What difference does it make if the universe is deterministic? If its not and you have free will, great you continue to live life as it was. If it is and free will is a meme, then it doesnt really matter what you do or say because your life would have only one possible path. The path it was always going to take. So, either the question doesnt matter at all, or trying to do anything with the answer is futile. Ultimately none of this matters. You will die, rot in the ground, and be forgotten. The only purpose of existence is to enjoy the experience while it lasts.
>>
>>8704453
i think there is no reason for life. I mean why should we be alive? do we have a mission? no. what kind of mission should we have? We're just a ton of chemical reactions and to dumb to understand the universe. there must be something we dont perceive but it is not god or anything that created us. Its some shit like light that you dont really see you only see the reflection and therefore the result. Sience is not completed and i am convinced that it never will be. Someday the sun will blow up so big that it will eat up earth and it will all be over.
And is the universe deterministic? Well it could be of course.But not in a way that there is a meaning to it
Dont know much about parallel universes etc. But quantum machanics still say its not deterministic. My opinion
>>
>>8704407
that's not a question that matters
you can't know, and it literally changes nothing
>>
>>8704453
>what's the point of living
It's the ultimate spectator sport
>>
>>8704496
this
It doesn't matter.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.