[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you go from this..

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: spacex-tank.jpg (106KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
spacex-tank.jpg
106KB, 1200x800px
>>
File: TfF4oUh.jpg (977KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
TfF4oUh.jpg
977KB, 3264x2448px
..to this?
>>
Various physical forces
>>
>>8701615
>>8701617
I do belive the official term is "Test till failure", but then i'm not a rocket scientist
>>
>>8701617
by testing it at an underwater explosives test range?
>>
Test till failure.
>>
>>8701661
>>8701998
It was their third test and first cryogenic test

It wasn't supposed to fail
>>
>>8702210
Maybe they got a new tank made for the next tests
Can't say that without a statement
>>
>>8701615
>>8701617

hehe

haha

hohoho

ahu, ahu

heh heh heh heh heh
>>
>>8702210
>It wasn't supposed to fail

It has to fail. When you test stuff you test it to fail so you know how much it can take. Not doing that is extremely foolish.
>>
Wow, it's almost as if you test the engineering of your product to see what tolerances it can take, and then improve the design after the results come in.

Every time something happens with Space X the anti-Musk force on /sci/ comes out the woodwork to shitpost, hilarious.
>>
>>8702731

It's because they don't like the fact that while they sit here and argue about who's a brainlet and so forth SpaceX is actually doing things in real life with real hardware.
>>
>>8702259
>It has to fail. When you test stuff you test it to fail so you know how much it can take. Not doing that is extremely foolish.

But that also wasn't the objective of the test. Testing to failure should be done after testing to specification, to make sure the test article can do the job it was designed for. In this case, it seems they still have ways to go to engineer a viable carbon fiber LOX tank.
>>
>>8702883

To be fair that is exactly what Elon said during the conference. More specifically, that the LOx tank on the upper stage/spaceship was the hardest part of the entire system, harder than the engines or the massive first stage booster.
>>
>>8702910
>what Elon said during the conference
Which conference?
>>
>>8702978

The conference where he revealed the ITS architecture, Raptor engine test photos, and the large LOx carbon composite tank seen in the OP. Can't remember the actual location of the conference at the moment but it was in early September of 2016.
>>
>>8702978
>>8703047

It was during the IAC in Guadalajara, Mexico.
>>
>>8703047
>>8703058
Thanks, anons.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.