[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In all honesty, how much do you think our species is capable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (16KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
16KB, 470x313px
In all honesty, how much do you think our species is capable of? Do you think we have the potential to make a perfect world for everyone? To become a Type 2 Civilization? To reach Andromeda? Or do you think we will destroy yourselves in the next 50 to 65 years?
>>
>>8700649
none of the above
>>
>>8700664

Then tell me what you think faggot
>>
We have technology, but that is no substitute nor indicator of sophistication. We have not evolved psychologically since we were cavemen. Our driving forces are still hunger, fear and sex. It would require an enormous evolutionary leap for our species to evolve into one with differing prime motivators. The disconnect between the processes of natural selection and the environment being selected for, is too great. The only way such evolution would occur is if we had the optimal society, then those most suited, that is those naturally inclined towards that environment, would flourish, due to least expended effort, for the result that works, in that environment.
If you want a better society do this:
1. All drug addicts put in rehab from first sighting.
2. Ban subversive mass media.
3. Make it illegal for a corporation to own a corporation. (think about it, would revolutionize business, the tax structure and would make the market free again.)
4. Make it illegal for a corporation or a state to lend money. Only natural human beings would be allowed to do that, with loan brokers as intermediaries. Think about getting a mortgage as issuing bonds for people to buy.
5. Make it illegal for a corporation to own real estate.
6. Make it illegal for a corporation to own real-estate.
7 Make it illegal for an individual to own more than a set amount of real-estate.
8. Make it illegal to produce anything if not an equal amount of waste material of a comparable type is recycled into new raw material. (no cheating and melting plastics to build giant Lego blocks.. Hey! that gave me an idea.) I have to go now, have to make some calls.
>>
>>8700664
yeah I feel like it will proceed exactly as it is going now for another 100 or 200 years or so. At that point, things will probably be irredemably fucked and either mass rioting/ murdering, bandit rape gangs patrolling the badlands type shit
or, during said carnage some insectoid nation like china steamrolls all the countries who can't get their shit together and take over in a harsh, techincal rule. the leaders will fuck over the masses and essentially enslave them while the elites chill as they always have. From there that government could prove to be too much of greedy jews, collapse, and incite mad max once again this time to finish off the species or, they could get their shit together and start nazi space empire
I highly doubt if we ever make it to space will it be "happy, fun, enlightened utopia"

nazi space empire i'd still give <10% chance
>>
>>8700728
I have my doubts about the dystopian future. It appears more likely to me that most of the huge problems that we will face in the next few centuries can be solved. With possible the exception of climate change. But even then, humans are pretty good at figuring things out. There will be a lot of changes in the world in the future, but let's not pretend we haven't already been through big changes.

Let's say we irredeemable screw up our environments... that doesn't really mean we'll go extinct. Water filtration systems and better agriculture would help us survive if things got too bad. And also, if the quality of life was ever drastically effected by pollution on a global scale, there would be large scale effort to solve it. We could see trillions of dollars internationally being put forth for climate research, given that it gets really bad.

As for getting to space, there won't ever be anything but small settlements as long as space remains as pointless as it is. As soon as we figure out a way to make money from space, it'll start to be developed by companies and nations working in their own interests.
>>
>>8700649
To be brief and general, I think as a whole humanity is very, very, bad at preventing problems, but very good at solving them.
>>
>>8700649
Nope as long as white people exist humanity will never advance because white people are batshit insane lunatics who cant stop HELPING PEOPLE even if it kills them. Remove white people to advance mankind.
>>
>>8700857

oh FUCK off
>>
>>8700649
humans are dumb breeding violent monkeys. The few exceptions to this rule are responsible for the "progress" we have experienced as a species.
>>
File: 1487630729147.png (444KB, 2048x791px) Image search: [Google]
1487630729147.png
444KB, 2048x791px
>>8700857
>>
>>8700868
Im asian and I realize you whites are completely nuts as you devote resources to africans of all people the most useless humans on earth BECAUSE IT MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD. You are in the way of human progress.
>>
>>8700649
Do stem majors really feel no shame of using words like perfect?
>>
>>8700959
The Chinese are literally doing the same thing in Africa and Central America right now to gain influence stop memeing.
>>
>>8700959
>whites in the way of human progress
This has never been true in the history of human progress, aside from getting over slavery I guess.
>>
>>8700649
Well we're on a road towards a shit ton of chaos. I think we have a lot of environmental problems that have some of the more difficult solutions. Sure the ocean might still be cold but everythings heating up way more than it naturally would through just regular means of climate change. I feel like we are betraying ourselves by destroying our own habitats. Our way of life is not sustainable by any means. Sure i'd probably live to see 40 or so no problem but I'd like to leave a world for 10 generations behind me.
>>
>>8700959
Well typically the people that are left in these third world countries are only there because they did not manage to make it into america or a first world country on their own. by bringing them more technology we strengthen humanity. We have structured schools in these countries to help educate everyone allowing them to contribute more to their own local communities. We all start somewhere, in Africa it's not industrialized yet with super large factories due to a lack of efficient or renewable technologies. It could be profitable, I'm not sure. I think there are more positive outcomes besides just emotionally feeling great for helping someone. Staying humble is never a bad thing anyways.
>>
>>8700649

Reminded me of this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bINikRHQy9s
>>
Right now we are heading towards a giant J curve.

The core problem is we are letting dumb people breed.

The world has become paralyzed by a cultural and political ideology that places forced social equality over pragmatism.

The result will be the displacement of creative and innovative productive people by those who merely consume.

This is unsustainable. The populations will eventually collapse. Perhaps not for a few decades, years, but certainly within 200 years.

The most likely scenario is that we will enter a new dark age, perhaps one lasting hundreds of years, if not thousands, until a new group of people arise who then go on to dominate the world.

From that point one of two things will happen. They will either repeat the mistakes of the past and beget a new cycle of collapse, or else they will simply exterminate or displace any people's whose ideologies and cultural values are not the same or very similar to their own. In the latter case these people will go on to colonize the stars,.
>>
Our entire Economic and Financial system are based on growth. Real growth essentially comes from population growth ( barring technological advancement that result in higher efficiency ).

At some point, as yet to be accurately determined, the Earth's resources will not be able to sustain any more growth. When this occurs the population will either stabilize or will plummet. If the population stabilizes then the standard of living for the vast majority of the population will be very low since there will be little or no economic growth to power the economy.

if the population plummets it may do so to the point of extinction. This scenario is heavily dependent on what cultural and technological attributes are preserved by the plummeting population.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.