[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

on topic of physical health => mental health

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: asdf.jpg (25KB, 217x217px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
25KB, 217x217px
so most people on here say 8 hours of sleep, physical exercise, proper food => greater awareness/mindfulness/sharper mind

my problem with this is that you essentially have to spend a lot of time on that: more sleep is obvious, exercise takes time, cooking healthy takes time

and my opinion is that to learn something one has to immerse oneself for as long as possible and overall achieved improvement ~ time spent (inb4 stop waasting time on chans). Thoughts on that?

i currently sleep 6 hours a night, tried 4.5 hours with 3 0,5h naps for a week which went ok and whenever i sleep for 8 hours or more at once i feel super drowsy and lazy, although i might be reversing the causal link here. also run for 10 minutes every day, eat mostly carbs.

A lot of succesful people are claimed to sleep a lot less than is usually considered 'healthy'
>>
>>8698915
>eat mostly carbs
I can't cut on carbs because I'm a slob but for the few days I succeed I feel a lot more alert and clear headed.
Do not cook anything.
Eat a chuck of fat at 2k calories in one unique meal with a few other stuff, like eggs, meat and veggies.
>>
>>8698925
>Do not cook anything.
>eggs, meat and veggies.

whats the reason to not cook
>>
>>8698915
how about trying it out?
>>
>>8698936
the little personal experience ive had speaks against it, that's why i'm asking

also i've been cramming for tests my entire life so all my 'knowledge' appears to have been attained during periods of insomnia for me
>>
>>8698942
if you believe that "to learn something one has to immerse oneself for as long as possible and overall achieved improvement ~ time spent" then you should realize that you probably won't get the benefits of improved physical health just by half-assing it
>>
>>8698953
that's a bit different, learning/improving!=general upkeep/maintenance

i thought diminishing returns applied to physical exercise, what's the optimal way to exercise from the standpoint of mental health?
>>
>>8698927
>whats the reason to not cook
Veggies you eat them raw.
Eggs and meat are not time consuming.
>>
I will repeat myself.
Go very low on carbohydrates without necessarily achieving ketosis.
Chances are you'll need less sleep if you do it right.
Plebbit/r/keto FAQ.
>>
>>8698980
thanks
>>
>>8698966
thinking in terms of general upkeep/maintenance really only makes sense when you have a decent baseline level of physical health, which it sounds like you don't really. And I thought your original question was whether improving physical health could improve your mental functioning, in which case i don't really understand this objection.

>i thought diminishing returns applied to physical exercise

you're very far away from the point where that would be an issue.

>what's the optimal way to exercise from the standpoint of mental health?

There's no such thing. The reason exercise helps is that it makes your body just generally work better. "Rising tide lifts all boats" kind of thing. Like I said earlier, how about actually giving it an earnest try for a few weeks?
>>
>>8698996
ok i see what you mean.

I do not consider myself of poor physical health (my BMI is like 19 or smth), i just wasn't exercising just for the sake of it before.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.