[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I bet /sci/ can't solve this simple problem.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 123123.jpg (48KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
123123.jpg
48KB, 700x525px
I bet /sci/ can't solve this simple problem.
>>
File: 1481968948782.jpg (35KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1481968948782.jpg
35KB, 720x540px
>>8698438
Trivial. Exercise left as a challenge to the reader (You).
>>
>If Johnny has six apples
>Problem does not assert that Johnny does have six apples
>The if condition has not been met
>Therefore do not calculate the diameter of the sun
>Therefore the problem is complete
>>
>>8698438
The diameter of the sun is independent from the number of apples that has Johnny. I think I'd use this answer.
>>
>>8698438
2 solar radii
>>
>>8698511
>The diameter of the sun is independent from the number of apples that has Johnny
No, if the Sun was smaller or bigger then he might not have had as many as the Earth would then be less fertile, raising the price of apples.
>>
File: Screenshot (58).png (92KB, 638x450px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (58).png
92KB, 638x450px
>>8698438
Diameter of the sun is 864,575.9 mi

Pic related is my work
>>
>>8698438
Is Johnny a materialistic being? Why does he posses 6 apples and not 5? Did the universe specifically grant Johnny 6 apples for a reason? Do the apples symbolize our greed and lust the same way as the forbidden fruit from the Garden of Eden? Now that's a better question to ask.
>>
File: flatrth.gif (19KB, 800x510px) Image search: [Google]
flatrth.gif
19KB, 800x510px
>>8698438
>Use stacks of apples instead of sticks.
>???
>Profit.
>Johny is your god now.
>>
>>8698464
not funny, my good friend has a phd in theoretical math.. he's now a professor at the age of 30 years old, making ~90k roughly. it is CAD so in the USA it might not support a family of four though.
>>
>>8698464
LOL
>>
>>8698438
Assume Johnny standard male and thus can lift at least 2/3 his body weight.

We denote the mass of Johnny as 1J.

Thus each apple weighs at most (1/9)J.

Choose units such that Weight = Mass. Denote the force units by U.

Thus for each apple, W=mg implies (1/9)U=(1/9)J*g with g gravitational acceleration.

Thus g = 1 U/J.

Using this measure of gravitational acceleration, it is a trivial exercise (for the reader) to determine the diameter of the sun via the gravitational forces of the sun --> earth and earth --> sun and then convert to standard units.
>>
69 [marks]
>>
[This solution is trivial and left as an exercise for the teacher]
>>
>>8698465
>>8698465
This.
Picture Johnny with no apples.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.