[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The earth is a giant donut. Prove me wrong. Protip: You can't.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: donut.png (86KB, 256x249px) Image search: [Google]
donut.png
86KB, 256x249px
The earth is a giant donut. Prove me wrong. Protip: You can't.
>>
File: goat.jpg (186KB, 797x594px) Image search: [Google]
goat.jpg
186KB, 797x594px
Which would you rather have, a car or a goat?
>>
would you be able to float in the middle of that
>>
>>8692952
Would you be pulled apart?
>>
>>8692946
Antarctica. That'll be all.
>>
>>8692946
Donuts are tasty. The Earth is not tasty.

>>8692950
The goat. I already have a car.
>>
the usual /sci/ shit post
>>
>>8692946
well you're not wrong, because a donut and a sphere are topologically equivalent
>>
Where would the North Pole be?
>>
>>8693143
Are homeomorphic objects continuosly homeomorphic through arbitrary but equivalent transformations?
>>
>>8693143
no they are not euler characteristic ain't the same, which is a topological invariant

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euler_characteristic
>>
>>8692946
Force of gravity is rather consistant across the whole of the earth, if the earth was a donut gravity would appear weaker around the hole as the mass from the part of the donut above would exert a force in the opposite direction to the part of the donut you're standing on.

I'd draw I diagram but I'm not THAT autistic.
>>
>>8693143
never use the phrase "topologically equivalent" again you disgusting brainlet
>>
File: image.gif (8KB, 440x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
8KB, 440x320px
>>8692952
Sadly no. Gravity from the Sun and Moon would scew legrange point 0 (center mass) to be away from the donut center.
>>
>>8693635
But, people standing on the inside of the donut will weigh less and be able to jump higher than normal.
>>
File: IMG_1576.jpg (70KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1576.jpg
70KB, 500x375px
>>8692946
>the arctic and antarctic are the same place
>they are frozen because they're in constant shade from the rest of the planet
>they go beyond their poles by curving inwards towards the other side of the planet
>mfw hyperborea is real
>>
>>8693653
I want this donut to happen.

NAO
>>
File: groenland.jpg (5KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
groenland.jpg
5KB, 275x183px
but then if you were in greenland, you couldn't see the sky when you look upwards....
>>
>>8692946
The view from Norway would be interesting...
>>
>>8692946
Actual shape of the Earth. I know it is true because some guy on YouTube made a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA3Y0Dxosgc
>>
>>8693837
Lost my shit.

Still, the earth is ovular is it not?
>>
>>8693837
it amazes me that someone would spend that amount of time on a video without spending any time looking into what these images actually mean.. gotta be clickbait

>>8693852
it's shaped like an orange
>>
>>8693012
The gravitational pull would balance out on all sides.. It wouldn't be strong enough to pull you apart
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.