[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the BEST way to learn Algebra through self-teaching?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1475542619536.jpg (489KB, 2000x1859px) Image search: [Google]
1475542619536.jpg
489KB, 2000x1859px
What is the BEST way to learn Algebra through self-teaching? I managed to learn fractions on my own and now I want to go and figure out Algebra too. I'm looking for both Algebra 1 and 2.

Books, websites, whatever. And I want a way to learn it that is actually understanding it, not just
>u just multiply x by y because thats how u do it lol
I want reasons!
>You do x multiplied by y, because when you do this you essentially are...
>>
File: 1479120633914.jpg (554KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1479120633914.jpg
554KB, 1500x1000px
>I managed to learn fractions on my own

Guys, it seems we have a real genius among us!

(Bitch, I learned fractions when I was like 7 years old.)
>>
>>8691936
underage b& gtfo
>>
>>8691936
From resources, like textbooks? How else do you think autodidactics learn?
>>
>>8691945
Maybe OP is in elementary or they don't teach algebra till highschool there?

Either way since no one else bothered to mention it, you can find all the information you need in the sticky OP.
>>
>>8691945
I dropped out of middle school, and I want to get into STEM. I realized I didn't know how fractions worked at all, just how to do shit with them, so I learned about it, and now I want to move onto the next step to Calculus which is Algebra. I'm not trying to brag or assault anyone's intelligence here. I'm sorry you're insecure enough to take it that way.

>>8691949
>>8691952
I'm asking what textbooks/resources specifically stand out among the rest as being the best?
>>
>>8691977
You don't need the BEST. You're learning elementary school math. Khan academy is sufficient for this.

Read Lang's basic mathematics if you want to buy into the /sci/ memes (which are actually pretty well-founded)
>>
>>8691977
Ignore that faggot OP

Also, ignore the traditional textbook way. Find something you're REALLY interested into and learn the math around it out of necessity. "Spreadsheet" video games, an interesting topic, learning the stock market, autistically playing with equations in Wolfram Mathematica, programming, etc. There's something weird about your brain that makes it overclock if you enjoy learning the stuff you're learning, and downclock if you don't, which is exactly why so many teenagers fail at math - they've been spooked by their teachers which has thrown them into a state of negativity towards it, reducing their efficiency of soaking up information.
>>
>>8691936
>What is the BEST way to learn

>for Algebra 1
Euler's Elements of Algebra

>for Algebra 2
Chrystal's Algebra: An Elementary Text-Book for the Higher Classes of Secondary Schools and for Colleges: Volume I

>for Trigonometry
Loney's Plane Trigonometry

>for Precalculus
Euler's Introduction to Analysis of the Infinite: Book I&II
Chrystal's Algebra: An Elementary Text-Book for the Higher Classes of Secondary Schools and for Colleges: Volume II
>>
>>8691945
What a dick.
>>
>>8691945
Did you learn to be a faggot at that age too?
>>
>>8692388
Stop with these fucking memes
That higher algebra book is especially outdated with its notation and he shouldn't waste this much time looking for rigorous texts

He should either do the axler books with gelfand as a supplement, or George Simmons with gelfand as a supplement

Then he can do Spivak or Courant for Calc.
>>
>>8691936
>What is the BEST way to learn Algebra through self-teaching?

Get a decent textbook and do the end of chapter problems. Do lots of problems. This is the undisputed best way of learning.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.