[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any science fags here that are also artists or interested

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_20170220_182854.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170220_182854.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Are there any science fags here that are also artists or interested in art? Prof Walter lewyn stated that while physics is his life, art history is his love. Richard Feynman took on freehand drawing and got pretty good at it. I'd like to hear similar stories.
>>
How do I git gud at drawing. Calligraphy is something I will never reach, but at least I would like to be good at precise drawing. I refer to mathematical and phyisical diagrama.
>>
I hated art when I was young because I was so bad at it. Now that I'm in college I'm interested in it but I have no idea how to get good.
>>
File: thinking.png (1MB, 1255x742px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.png
1MB, 1255x742px
>too intelligent to draw

kind of good at calligraphy though
>>
A YouTube math teacher professor Rob bob is also into calligraphy and pretty good at it. His math diagrams are also always on point.
>>
>>8690316
I'm trying to get into proper pen-and-ink drawing

My technical drawing professor told me to be happy that we're moving away from hand drawn drawings and into CAD.
>>
>>8690321
From >>>/ic/'s sticky
http://hubpages.com/art/how-to-draw-learn
>>
Reminder that if you can't draw 3d strucutres of proteins without the aid of a computer, youre a shitty scientist
>>
Mathematics is art. So in a way science fags are artists.
>>
>>8690316
I draw dick pics in my textbooks, got pretty good at it
>>
File: ShilovGE.jpg (9KB, 200x275px) Image search: [Google]
ShilovGE.jpg
9KB, 200x275px
i've been an artist for a long time, mostly recording but also visual.

decided to become mathematician for the lulz

mfw actually have an aptitude for it, but math degree is useless and costly
>>
>>8690316
I am. I'm not amazing, but I'm good enough to impress most non-artists.
>>
File: 1487580929715.gif (315KB, 234x159px) Image search: [Google]
1487580929715.gif
315KB, 234x159px
You're listening to that rapist?!
>>
>>8690316
>tfw i can only draw cubes very beautifully
>i dont even like geometry but i like drawing cubes
>>
File: Haikouella lanceolata.jpg (96KB, 1447x550px) Image search: [Google]
Haikouella lanceolata.jpg
96KB, 1447x550px
>>8690316
Here, have my drawing of a somewhat cartoony Haikouella lanceolata. Let's see Feynman draw THAT!
>>
File: we heard you like art.jpg (2MB, 2048x1526px) Image search: [Google]
we heard you like art.jpg
2MB, 2048x1526px
>>8690321
>I have no idea how to get good.

Practice. Copy stuff at first to get a feel for what you are doing. Take a class -- college is often the last opportunity to try out different stuff, and you need some electives anyway. Take life drawing class, you'll get to stare at a nude model for an hour or so without being considered a pervert, though there is a chance it will be a dude -- you pays you money, you takes you chances.
>>
File: feynmanart102.jpg (83KB, 647x800px) Image search: [Google]
feynmanart102.jpg
83KB, 647x800px
Not sure if srs
>>
>>8691378
Maths are not art.
>>
File: collage.png (4MB, 1500x1372px) Image search: [Google]
collage.png
4MB, 1500x1372px
How's this?
>>
>>8693018
Nice!
>>
File: sketches.png (1MB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
sketches.png
1MB, 600x900px
>>8693018

Cont'
>>
>>8692056

Yes it is.

I like to think of art as purely the application of human thought. The greatest art is the art which shows the wit and skill of the artist. This is why music, poetry, philosophy are the arts that stand the test of time.

However, this would mean that art isn't technically real, rather, it only exists in the mind of the artist. The "art" is merely an expression of the thought.
>>
>>8693027
Thats amazing dude
>>
more diagrams
>>
How does one learn to draw scientifically accurate diagrams and pictures, like the ones anatomists and taxonomists used to draw?
>>
>>8690316
these are so fun to draw
>>
>>8690316
Art is my love and soon to be life.

Science right now is my life but soon to be a little hobby.

Tbqh science is retarded
>>
>>8693018
How do i learn to draw like this guy? I love blueprint drawing style and I'd like to improve my handwriting as well (e.g. Architect's handwriting)
>>
>>8691244
And why is that impossible to do without a computer?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.