[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me everything there is to know about satellites!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: ye2.png (3MB, 1420x950px) Image search: [Google]
ye2.png
3MB, 1420x950px
Tell me everything there is to know about satellites!
>>
>>8690067
SSSSSSPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
>>
>>8690067
They orbit our planet.
>>
Something something always falling and missing, something something.
>>
If you place them at a certain distance away from the earth, then the orbital period matches Earth's rotational period and the satellite is said to be geostationary.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geostationary_orbit
>>
>>8690067
Satellites work best in space. Bad things happen to satellites that pass through air.
>>
>>8690067
They are very lightweight (hence satelLITE) - mostly made out of gold colored aluminum foil. aluminum is lightweight but the gold coloring makes it ultra strong.

Those big rectangular flat things are extremely precise wings optimized for the highly turbulent lunar winds.

Without them, the satellite would simply blow off course. But sometimes they're used to lift the satellite back up again when the earth's gravity makes it fall down.
>>
>>8690067
Thanks to all! More advanced please!
>>
>>8690067
Most are artificial, a few are natural.

The ones seen orbiting the Earth in 2001: A Space Odyssey were intended to be orbiting nuclear bombs, but this was never made explicit in the film. A scene where the returning Giant Space Fetus explodes them all in orbit was dropped.

Many people thought they saw the first one, Sputnik 1, pass overhead in orbit. It was too small to be seen by the naked eye, though -- what they were seeing was the booster, that also went into orbit.

The earth is not the only body that has artificial satellites, as the sun, the moon and other neighbouring planets have orbiting artificial objects.

The first satellite collision happened in 2009, when Russia's spent satellite Cosmos 2251 and into an Iridium telecommunications satellite.

The conspiritard favorite "Black Knight" satellite is supposedly 13,000 years old -- how the fuck anybody knows what was in orbit 13,000 years ago is left as an exercise for the student. Pictures claimed to be the sinister satellite show a small piece of debris near STS 88.

TV's "Satellite of Love" is shaped like a bone in an homage to the scene in 2001 when the Ape Man throws a bone weapon into the air, then there is a hard-cut to a satellite in orbit.

That's what I know about satellites.
>>
Track your favorite satellites:

https://code.google.com/archive/p/ge-satellite-tracker/
>>
>>8690155
Awesome! Thanks!
>>
>>8690169
Can you track those square BSB ones everyone had in the 80s?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.