[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CTE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Association football player here.
How fucked am I?

>As of September 2015, the CSTE had diagnosed CTE in 96% of NFL players analyzed in postmortem brain studies.[126]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_traumatic_encephalopathy
>>
>>8687840
The chance of getting CTE is louder than that since they only autopsied players they stay thought had CTE. But you're still fucked.
>>
>>8687840
lol
>>
>>8687852
*lower than that
>>
just don't dispute headers with other players (heading the ball won't damage you, but accidentally hitting head-to-head with somebody else is relatively common and dangerous).
>>
File: 1474180955654.jpg (23KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1474180955654.jpg
23KB, 499x499px
>>8687852
Fuck that I think I'm going to quit. This stuff is fucking scary, encephalopathy is one of my greatest spooks. I've never been much of a header and I've never suffered from concession. Still my head has had its fair share of encounters with the ball. Fuck the motherfuckers not warning people about this, I did not ask for brain damage.
>>
>>8687860
>heading the ball won't damage you
I don't believe that. Do you have any reference?
I had a match today and managed to not head the ball even once.
All those poor players heading the keeper's punts unaware of their brains going to fart within a few years.
No wonder football players are considered retards.
>>
>Our findings and the findings of other researchers show that heading a soccer ball can contribute to neurodegenerative problems, such as chronic traumatic encephalopathy.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/does-heading-a-soccer-ball-cause-brain-damage/
I'm going to pass out.
>>
>>8687840
probably because football players get a concussion like every fucking week, constantly hitting their heads over and fucking over again.

doing shit like this chronically like these retards do it and not letting your brain heal is how it happens.
>>
>>8687840
Worse off than people who haven't suffered a lot of physical trauma.

But there's lots of stuff you can do to minimize the long-term effects. Definitely worth looking into.

Eat lots of glucose (brain food) and nutrients (healing vegetable foods). Avoid chems and abnormal food. Especially avoid alcohol and fructose; these go straight from the stomach to the brain rather than first going to the liver to be cleansed of toxins such as these.

You might not be able to heal the damage, but you can slow down the progression of complications based on your choice of hobbies.
>>
>>8688087
literal mom science
He's probably doing all this shit anyway for training
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.