[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What more there is to get? What are some things humans really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: a.jpg (35KB, 400x311px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
35KB, 400x311px
What more there is to get? What are some things humans really need and want, but we haven't invented it yet?

I mean sure we could invent flying cars and faster computers and ways to get more food and colonialize Mars, but I don't really think humanity deserves or needs any of those. It just keeps asking for more. Just like a child; what is the point of buying new and new toys to a child that never grows up and always wants more toys.

Even if I would invent something very important and big, I probably wouldn't publish any of the results. Maybe if I could get very rich, but just for fame? Not a chance. I think humanity has all they need atm.

>inb4 curiosity
>>
>>8686491
>What more there is to get? What are some things humans really need and want, but we haven't invented it yet?

when humans want to survive we need to explore space. in the long run earth is a death trap. asteroids, a collapsing sun etc. we need to colonize other planets and we need huge spaceships/spacestations to find more planets to colonize.
>>
As long as the imagination remains unfulfilled we must push foreward. If you think it's a matter of deserving something or not I think you're too caught up in contemporary social drama. If your argument is from guilt then sure we've made plenty of mistakes, but we'll never be able to rectify that unless we keep advancing.

We're living our lives stuffed in a tiny box defined by physical limitations while we yearn for freedom. It's not about "things" it's about possibilities and potentials. What humanity needs is complete freedom. That's "what there is to get".
>>
>>8686491
>I mean sure we could invent flying cars and faster computers and ways to get more food and colonialize Mars, but I don't really think humanity deserves or needs any of those.
This.
>Limited time Offer: Air and Water

>Even if I would invent something very important and big
Doesn't have to be big.
>>
>>8686491
>deserve
>child
>grows up
You sound pretty delusional and unintelligent.
>>
>>8686746
Thank you for your feedback!

>>8686716
>as long as the imagination remains unfulfilled
So you function based on belief instead of rationality? Isn't that pretty much the same as "God told me to spread Christianity so that I will do!" ?

Do you have any reasons for that motivation expect the task that was given you by your divide deity, God?
>>
>>8686807
I'm curious now, are you physically capable of forming an argument without logical fallacies?
>>
>>8686841
>Evading the question
>>
>>8686807
People in general work on a combination of both. The rest of your post is a non sequitur and has nothing to do with the topic.
>>
>>8686491
A Terminator fitted with a cluster B personality disorder sensor.
>>
>>8686491
>Even if I would invent something very important and big, I probably wouldn't publish any of the results. Maybe if I could get very rich, but just for fame? Not a chance. I think humanity has all they need atm.
you sound really pseudo-intelligent. it's really good that you are since you'd literally hold back society with your retarded view that is obviously for your own circle jerking to sound really deep and apathetic to something that is in reality really cool, just to be a contrarian hipster faggot.
>>
>>8686491
>things humans really need
Safety. Healthy, healing, nutritious food and clean water.
Reasonable shelter, friends.
An unpolluted environment.
A role in their own survival: planting and harvesting crops, cooking their own food.

If you look around you'll see the world is full of adults avoiding their insecurities. Sixty years old and they use toys of diversion to ignore other people in fear. It's also a way to snub people: insidiously tell them they aren't worth paying attention to. Nasty. Users. Vampires.
>>
>>8686491
because the pursuit of knowledge is the most Nobel of purposes humanity can have. Exploration in all fashions is the best way humans can spend their time.

>inb4 curiosity
>inb4 literally the correct answer
>>
>>8686491
>asking for more
We don't ask, there is no tangible "deserving" or "undeserving" or "needing".
We just are as is. Soon enough we'll be extinct. You just said some vague bullshit, masquerading as intelligent musings.

>humanity has all they need atm
Yes of course, while the majority of it lives in poverty, warfare, starvation, lack of education opportunity, etc...

The concept of "having all you need" is non-existent in the real world. Ask two people raised exactly the same, same culture, same appearance, same language and they will have differing views on what exactly "having all you need" is.

"Humans" don't need or want anything. Individual viewpoints contrive needs and wants relative to their structures, most of the time subconsciously.
>>
>>8686491
humans deserve it but I don't know if they can handle it
>>
>>8686491
...you really don't think humanity needs or deserves something like a cure for cancer?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.