[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cybernetic Cockroaches

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

The cockroaches are placed in ice water as a kind of crude anesthetic. Then the kids are instructed to sand down a patch of shell on the cockroach's head and superglue electrodes to the newly smooth area. Next, a ground wire is stuck into the cockroach's thorax — the area right between its neck and stomach. Finally, the kids must carefully trim the antennae and stick small silver electrodes in them that will receive the signal from the circuit that attaches to the cockroach's back and resembles a tiny backpack.
>>
File: ezgif-2-72f9f5fbce (1).gif (2MB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
ezgif-2-72f9f5fbce (1).gif
2MB, 480x300px
Swiping the screen of a smartphone controls the RoboRoach's movement.

Scientists see these kits as a serious violation of basic ethics.
>>
Uhh yea that's a huge violation of ethics holy fuck
>>
>>8686052
ethics shmethicks you fucking cuck
>>
>>8686052
>Muhh ethics
>>8686044
Kys shill
>>
File: 33.gif (59KB, 343x443px) Image search: [Google]
33.gif
59KB, 343x443px
>>8686059
Jesus died 4 your Sims brah.

Prove me wrang; CAN'T DO IT KENYA?
>>
>>8686061
What level of autism makes a person write something like that?
>>
>>8686044
And the purpose of doing this is...?
>>
File: fly.png (196KB, 582x443px) Image search: [Google]
fly.png
196KB, 582x443px
>>8686073
Arthropodic Slavery.

>>8686067
OVER 9000
>>
Dumb and not cybernetics. You're not actually controlling it. You're basically just tasering it and it is acting spastically in response to a shock.
>>
>>8686044
They're useless bugs. So many sissy boys. Why? Why?
>>
File: 20161030_131549.jpg (370KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20161030_131549.jpg
370KB, 1280x720px
>>8686089
>>8686090
HAHAHA

JEWS DID 9/11

THIS TECHNOLOGY WILL NEVER BE USED ON HUMAN BEINGS

DEATH TO AMERICA!
>>
This is not cybernetics. You're just tasering something with almost no brain and it is acting in a spastic pattern in response to being shocked. If I put a shock collar on you I bet I could make you run in random directions too.
>>
File: f99v_improved.jpg (2MB, 2662x3654px) Image search: [Google]
f99v_improved.jpg
2MB, 2662x3654px
>>8686093
DISGUSTING.
>>
>not posting a source

nice dubs
>>
This is for kids? Can anyone tell me what educational value could kids possibly get from this? Seriously, plz answer.

I feel like cybernetics is WAY beyond the scope of any kids class. I think the real lesson meant to be taught is dissecting living animals and turning them into zombies is fun, cool, and not morally objectionable in any way!
>the insects feel little pain during the surgery.
>>
>>8686044
this has been done way ago that normies can even make one. look it up on (you) tube. but i still find it interesting
>>
>>8686251
please tell me this isn't actually marketed to kids
this is a great way to breed psychopathic kids
>>
>>8686048
hahahahahaha no. It's perfectly ethical
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.