[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the general consensus on Geography?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: ROBERTA-SALICE.jpg (70KB, 690x821px) Image search: [Google]
ROBERTA-SALICE.jpg
70KB, 690x821px
I've never seen it discussed but it definitely it's a very interesting are albeit with very limited job prospects in my country.

Paradoxically i've never met a geography major myself but i'd be curious if anyone ever studied it.
>>
>>8685256
Once you start to figure it out, they come looking for you.
>>
>>8685256
Geography is a conspiracy by the round earthers
>>
>>8685256
I'd go with international relations with some geography classes instead, if you ever want to head into the role of a statesman in 30 or 40 years
>>
>>8685256
You need an advanced degree to do anything useful.
> Double major in Geography and Applied mathematics
> Minor in CS
> Get a M.S. in Geography
> Work for oil companies and make 6 figures
>>
>>8685256
Geography major here. A floodgate of opportunities open if you do GIS with it. It's a rapidly growing field.
>>
>>8685387
Mind to expand?
>>
Shameless bump
>>
An autistic field for kids who had pet rocks
>>
>>8685256
BSc major here, central europe.
physical geography is okay. It's like geology but for soft stuff (soil science, hydrology, climatology, limnology etc.). Relevant too, as it's one of the few natural sciences that try to understand the non-biological aspects of the actual environment (like, your yard) on scales of time and scales that matter to humans without the focus on how to best exploit them inherent in agronomy.
Human geography is retarded. meaningless buzzwords from the humanities like poststructuralism and social constructivism is taken seriously there. A lot of white guilt about the oppressive west etc.. The number of graspable factual phenonemons (like segregation, gentrification) it manages to describe can be counted on one or two hands. The rest is mostly shitty social sciences/sociology. Or at least that's how I perceived it when the incompetent people at our university tried to teach it to me.
>>
>>8685387
>floodgate of opportunities open if you do GIS
If they can learn the program, rather than experience only mindlessly pushing "pavlov's buttons," there are indeed opportunities.
But this is true of all people who can learn computers. There's always grunts to lift stuff and get dirty.
>>
>>8687050
>BSc major here, central europe.
>physical geography is okay. It's like geology but for soft stuff (soil science, hydrology, climatology, limnology etc.). Relevant too, as it's one of the few natural sciences that try to understand the non-biological aspects of the actual environment (like, your yard) on scales of time and scales that matter to humans without the focus on how to best exploit them inherent in agronomy.
>Human geography is retarded. meaningless buzzwords from the humanities like poststructuralism and social constructivism is taken seriously there. A lot of white guilt about the oppressive west etc.. The number of graspable factual phenonemons (like segregation, gentrification) it manages to desc

Were you able to find a job with it?
>>
I find it very interesting, but I wouldn't work in it
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.