[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey all, semi-brainlet here. Came across the subject of gravitoelectromagnetism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Hey all, semi-brainlet here. Came across the subject of gravitoelectromagnetism and for the life of me can't stop imagining flying saucers. I realize the effects we see are ridiculously tiny, but if there's a way around that it the reported behavior of ufo flight really looks plausible.

Feel free to rid me of this notion.
>>
>>8684198

It is generally believed that all four forces of nature can be explained with a single theory, said theory does not yet exist but theories combining some of the existed forces(electroweak, gravitomagnetism, etc etc) lead credence to the idea that a single unifying theory ca exist
>>
>>8684207
My impression was that this was less a matter of combining fields as it is finding a parallel between them. Maybe the fact that it does so implies something more, but I'm not seeing how it matters here.
>>
>>8684198
Gravity is the weakest of the 4 forces.it's about 100 000 000 000 times weaker than EM so GEM and EM wouldn't make a difference that is significant.
>>
>>8685429
Then why can I feel Earth's gravity, yet not be killed by the magnetic field that in your own words should be 100 000 000 000 times more powerful?
>>
>>8685446
Because the earth is not nearly as magnetic as it is massive.
>>
>>8685429
I never understood how one force could be "weaker" than another. I mean, if you have a lot of gravity versus a little bit of electromagnetic force, the gravity has to win if there's enough of it.
>>
>>8685446
try finding a magnet with a mass of 6,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 kg to stand on
>>
>>8685446
Consider that all of chemistry is a manifestation of electromagnetism.
>>
>>8685446
Because everything is mostly always electrically neutral due to that strength difference.
>>
>>8685713
That's the point of something stronger than another thing??? One strong dude could lift something like 400kg on a deadlift, a weight that no skinny person could ever lift, but if you get like 6 of those same skinny-fat dyels they could lift the same weight that the strong dude could; it's about less amounts, it's about efficiency. The analogy isn't perfect but if you don't get it I don't know what the he'll you're doing on this board.
>>
I assume that what you wanted was to see things float.

Behold, quantum levitation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyOtIsnG71U
>>
>>8685429
Well I was supposing there could be some way around that. Of course if I had an idea how I'd be in an entirely different line of work.

>>8685936
Superconductivity is swell, but you can't exactly just fly around using it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.