[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this scientifically feasible?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Photo(1073).png (1MB, 1108x1329px) Image search: [Google]
Photo(1073).png
1MB, 1108x1329px
Is this scientifically feasible?
>>
>>8682125
No. Radiation from the reactor would kill the user.
>>
not yet, but if we had the technology to build that suit. Its only real use would likely be; just to lift and maneuver heavy things in situations where robots/AI would have issues. The technologies associated with it could be put to better and more effective use.
>>
File: Space_Marine_with_Jet_Pack.jpg (42KB, 564x520px) Image search: [Google]
Space_Marine_with_Jet_Pack.jpg
42KB, 564x520px
>>8682125
More likely this is
>>
>>8682125
Nowadays it would be much bigger, we don't have such small and powerful motors in order to make it look like that. Moreover i think that it would need more aerodinamics to fly thus making it even bigger
>>
artificial exoskeletons exist
>>
>>8682226
I-I'm drooling
>>
>>8682125
For every action, there is an equal and opposite action. If superguy could do what he does he'd crush ground walking, as if weighing a thousand tons. Even if he used antigrav to float, the force would still be transferred to the ground. He'd crush anyone he floated over.
When he hit the ground or turned sharply, he would still feel the sudden stop or centrifugal force.

People wearing bullet-proof vest may not die immediately, but they get microfractures in their bones that kill them off early.
>>
>>8682125
No
>>
>>8683043
>what is literally any type of energy source
>>
No it isn't.

Not now, not ever.
>>
>>8683043
so you're saying bullet-proof still contribute to an early death?
>>
>>8682125
The real issue with the Iron Man suit is the energy source : exoskeletons already exist and some of them are really promising, but we don't have powerful enough batteries to fuel them.
>>
>>8682226
Humans don't have the physiology for that.
>>
>>8682125
I have always wondered what exactly is blasting out of iron man's hands.
>>
>>8684936

real question is how does he dissipate all that heat? he is powered by a fucking reactor after all
>>
>>8682125
i believe in the future we will have the technology to build a ironman suit easily.

i hope we as humans are developed enough then to never use it military, but to explore space.
>>
File: ehg.jpg (233KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ehg.jpg
233KB, 1200x1200px
>>8682125
Certainly not the colouring or specifics, like shapes and weapons, but sort of. Exo suits exist presently to alleviate the weight load of infantry, that's it. They are not in significant use due to the tech not being reliable or cheap enough. When they are in mass-use it will change a lot of things in regards to how infantry operate and are trained. When that happens it is likely the exo suite (which remember is purely for movement assistance) will extend into better armour. We could do better armour right now but it's too heavy, obviously the exo suit would alleviate that. Naturally the armour would be integrated into the movement assistance.

However it won't look like any of the images here and helmets are a long way away. For a full-head helmet to work you need to be trained differently and likely have targeting and situational awareness assistance through a monitor on the helmet. As it's harder to shoot with all that on (you can't get a proper cheek wield or stock positioning). You have to build the armour around accommodating that.

It's more likely you'll see an almost full body, heavier version of pic related.
>>
>>8682226
>>8684813
yeah that's completely retarded and won't happen. Actually the size bulkiness in this case is just the art style lol.
>>
>tfw you majored in physics because you wanted to build iron man suits and time machines and shit
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.