[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Conservation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: red-eyed-tree-frog.png (298KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
red-eyed-tree-frog.png
298KB, 500x400px
Thoughts on Wildlife/Animal Conservation? Worth going into?
>>
>>8681334
just go in there with a skeptical mindset realizing lots of it is just jewish trickery and lies
>>
>>8681346
Surveying frog populations is Jewish trickery, I'll keep that in mind
>>
Conservation charities exist only to line the pockets of the people running the charity. Also, almost all budget is spent on worthless shit animals that don't really matter but are cute, like pandas and polar bears. The funding should actually go to animals that are the most important to their ecosystem, but that is not the case.
>>
>>8681346
solid advice. just be skeptical of any field that has been infected by the jew virus
>>
>>8681356
I agree, many wildlife charities are shit, but there's also universities and independent labs, as well as government work.
>>
>>8681364
fair point
>>
>>8681361
So every field?
>>
>>8681334
Yes and its an immensely spiritual experience

ignore the autists here who look at everything from the lens of people
>>
>>8681356
>The funding should actually go to animals that are the most important to their ecosystem
this is fucking retarded

when you protect an ecosystem you are focusing on an entire system, not just the "most important organisms" (which isn't a real thing btw)

also, most of these organizations actually do focus on protecting the entire ecosystem, not just cute organisms, but those "cute organisms" are what makes the public care and people get funding
>>
Our survival depends on it, but it doesn't pay well so why bother.
>>
>>8682014
Not retarded, it's an actual thing and a big problem in conservation groups. They're called "charismatic megafauna". Nobody seems to care about the multitude of species that may be the basis of an entire food chain or a keystone species. Usually it comes down to, "how cute is it" and "will it attract donation money". Surely some organisms are more vital to an ecosystem than others. A grass or insect probably is more useful than an invasive species.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.