[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I a brainlet if I can't solve one of these?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: rubix-cube.jpg (27KB, 400x410px) Image search: [Google]
rubix-cube.jpg
27KB, 400x410px
Most I can finish is two sides.
>>
People who can solve these just memorize an algorithm to do it. Also getting a side doesn't necessarily mean you're closer to solving the whole thing
>>
>>8680460
>People who can solve these just memorize an algorithm to do it.
True for most people
>Also getting a side doesn't necessarily mean you're closer to solving the whole thing
False if you start with zero faces solved
>>
>>8680434
Most algos don't solve one side, then work on the next one
They start on one side (say white), and then work their way up the cube to opposite side (which would be yellow in our case)

I can solve to the second level, but I hate memorizing things I can look up so I get stuck there
>>
>>8680460
>>8680549

>Also getting a side doesn't necessarily mean you're closer to solving the whole thing
False if you start with zero faces solved

False if you solve that face with the least moves possible.
>>
>>8680434
Just learn group theory dude.
>>
>>8680549
I said "necessarily".

Consider the following: there are a lot of situations where you would have one face solved, where in order to solve the whole thing you'll have to undo the one face you currently have, moving to a state with 0 faces solved.
>>
File: Solved_5x5x5.jpg (87KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Solved_5x5x5.jpg
87KB, 600x600px
>>8680434
The 3x3 is probably the hardest cube to solve by yourself.
>>
Haha you guys are all brainlets I invented my own method for solving a 4x4 layer by layer. Also when you're solving a 3x3 using Fridrich then you do cross then f2l, meaning solving two sides does not mean you're closer to solving the whole thing.
>>
>>8681422
Also I want to add that after you know how to solve a 5x5 you can apply the same algorithms to solve any higher ordered cube, it just takes exponentially more time. For example there is a dude on YouTube called RedKB who solved a 17x17 in many hours
>>
>>8680576
Depends if by "getting a side" you mean getting all the cubes correctly placed (i.e. the red-yellow-blue corner next to the red-yellow edge next to the red-yellow-whatever corner).

If you just mean getting the colors on the squares all the same (which is what most normies mean), then you've achieved very little, as it all still have to be moved.
>>
>>8680559
>I hate memorizing things I can look up
this must be the definition of smart
>>
File: 4D Solve.webm (3MB, 500x556px) Image search: [Google]
4D Solve.webm
3MB, 500x556px
You don't really need much intelligence to solve it. Even the higher dimensional analogues stop feeling some hyper dimensional thing and instead just feels like some vidya you've just learnt the rules for, doesn't feel like you're doing anything special
>>
>>8680559
>hate memorizing things i can look up
So the sum total of all human knowledge?
>>
>>8681520
This is kinda true. It stops feeling like a problem and more like a game after you know the methods.
>>
>>8680434
And yet of you pry off one corner and spin it 120 degrees and put it back, it can never be soled!
>>
>>8680434
I looked it up. I wasn't at all interested in solving this "game." But I was bored enough to get my time down to a minute or so. Hey, I was an ignorant teenager.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.