[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Genetic Engineering, PGD and Eugenics General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: dna-1.jpg (157KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
dna-1.jpg
157KB, 1600x900px
Discuss ways we can apply science to better humanity here.

Something vital that many people don't realize is that sex ratios at birth are biased in favor of males. Research has shown that societies with excess males are more violent and chaotic, since men who cannot find wives and settle down are more likely to commit crimes.

A basic thing we could do that would drastically improve society would be encourage sex selection of females during IVF. We could also discourage abortions in women carrying female babies. This would result in a sex ratio closer to 1:1, and thus a happier and more peaceful society.

Thoughts?
>>
I started a Discord with a similar theme to this, though it specifically focuses on resolving issues with human relationships - heavily tying into the issue of sex ratios I mentioned above, but also speculating about genetic engineering so as to produce women (or men) with more congenial personalities. Please join it here: https://discord.gg/FKqBJx9
>>
>>8678094
Create Cat Girls/Dog Girls.
Make them thicc and breedable.
Sell them.
Literal world peace.
>>
>>8678256
I wouldn't even be against this.

How far along the scale would you make them? basically humans with animal ears or 100% furry?
>>
File: Cat Girls.jpg (151KB, 820x545px) Image search: [Google]
Cat Girls.jpg
151KB, 820x545px
>>8678300
Imo: Animal ears, eyes, and tails.

Anything further than this is stretching it and should be done on a private commission if you want 100% furry.
>>
File: Terra Formars Ch. 90 p.000.png (430KB, 1099x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Terra Formars Ch. 90 p.000.png
430KB, 1099x1600px
>>8678094
>Discuss ways we can apply science to better humanity here.
I've posted about this before in /sci/ and other threads on the topic:
Pic related and being /fit/ are the closest we can and will realistically get to advanced humanity/transhumanism, especially since pic related happened already in a way throughout humanities history. Borg-ing ourselves(mechanical transhumanism) and playing Tetris with genes (genetic engineering) still have a long way to go as well as problems and risks. A more /fit/, human, and seeing what we can do with what we already have could do the job and can especially realistically be done now. Especially regular people just plain currently getting fitter.
>>
File: 1485099505674.jpg (2MB, 2225x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1485099505674.jpg
2MB, 2225x1600px
>>8679159
More info on the concept and Joe as well as what can do in the series
>http://www.t5forums.com/forum/the-vs-sections/general-discussion/respect-threads/48059-joseph-newton-respect-thread
>>
a biochem professor of mine had a pretty cool idea, tell me what you think

>take hematopoetic stem cells from someone
>use crispr to induce a ccr5 delta 32 deletion
>radiation treatment + chemo to destroy the old immune system
>transplant cells
>person is now immune to hiv

it's a bit of a stretch but really interesting on paper
>>
>>8679372
actually, as per usual, the chinese are miles ahead of us on that shit, nevermind

http://www.nature.com/news/second-chinese-team-reports-gene-editing-in-human-embryos-1.19718
http://www.nature.com/articles/srep15577
>>
>>8679159
It would'nt be fun if everyone is fit. like tons of copies of the best ADN configuration .
>>
File: 1485108199973.jpg (241KB, 776x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1485108199973.jpg
241KB, 776x1200px
>>8679372
>>8679396
>tell me what you think
Your biochem professors idea sound really cool even if the Chinese are ahead of us.
>>8679396
And so does the Chinese actually working on it
>>8679508
>It would'nt be fun if everyone is fit. like tons of copies of the best ADN configuration .
I kind of disagree, but not everybody has to be fit, not everybody is in the series; and probably like now, not everybody would be. I'm certainly not saying force everyone to be fit or god forbid the wrong and horrifying application of the eugenics seen throughout history. Also it's pointed out in the series that, and even by Joseph himself that if normal people wanted to they could do what he does. There's even a character not tied to Joseph's clan that can pretty much do the same things. I think what Joe says about his abilities and the concept also makes sense because like I added in my post
>especially since pic related happened already in a way throughout humanities history.
It's already happened in a way. But I'm primarily /fit/, and this concept/Joe gets me the most excited about this topic, so I understand if you like the crispr idea better
>>
>>8678094
You could locate an unstupid pill from la-la land.
It's depressing and sad how many mentally-challenged people there are in the world: that are unable to contribute positively to society in any meaningful way. Bad for them, bad for the few of us who are intelligent.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.