[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>french intellectuals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 1487105339413.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1487105339413.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>french intellectuals
>>
>>8675575

can somebody provide me with an expeditious summary of who these two are?
>>
>>8675593
>Igor Yourievitch Osten-Sacken-Bogdanoff and Grichka Yourievitch Osten-Sacken-Bogdanoff, (or Bogdanov) (born on 29 August 1949 in Saint-Lary, Gers, France) are French television producers[1] and scientific essayists who since the 1970s have presented various subjects in science fiction, popular science and cosmology. They were involved in a number of controversies, most notably the Bogdanov affair in which it was alleged the brothers wrote nonsensical advanced physics papers that were nonetheless published in reputable scientific journals.
>>
>>8675575
can some one take away a slow walk up of these guys?
>>
And people wonder why francophobia exists
>>
QUICK

RUNDOWN
>>
>>8675687
why is the CIA pushing this meme op?
>>
>>8675575

that's an oxymoron.
>>
>>8675600
Their Ph.D. theses were so shitty they were widely taken to be a Sokal-style hoax.
>>
>>8675593
>>8675600
>>8675687
http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/bogdanov.html
>>
File: fucking frenchfags.png (227KB, 500x671px) Image search: [Google]
fucking frenchfags.png
227KB, 500x671px
>>8675575
Stop trying to hide their crimes frog.
>>
>>8675690
>implying the CIA hasn't been infiltrated by Bodgdanoff mole agents since the end of the cold war
>>
too bad this meme died, it was starting to grow on me

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVpg2IrGwsk
>>
>>8675575
I too require a subsidised that could be described as rapid in breadth account of these gentlemen.
>>
>>8676330
This is the first time I see a legit reason to hate us.
>>
>>8676330
post modernism is cancer
>>
>>8675575
why do they look so weird? old plastic surgery?
>>
>>8676497
What is it even? What are the consequences of it?
>>
>>8676708
I'm not the anon you asked, but here is the simplest explanation:

post-modernism is a philosophical mindset which attempted the de-formalize basic cultural assumptions we have in the west. An example:
a post modernist would not recognize that physicists agree on a theory. instead they would say that many individual physicists have similar ideas with varying levels of agreement.

many people who are not post modernists believe this whole mindset is bullshit. personally i think it is perhaps an interesting concept but fundamentally useless.

(sorry the simplest explanation is also very wordy)
>>
>>8676708
>>8677024
Post-Modernism is about the non-existence of a single hard truth.
There are multiple ways to think about things, to do things, to interpreted things, ect.
There is no right or wrong, no objectivity, only subjectivity.
Which is, in itself almost like a hard truth, and so yeah it doesn't really work.

Post-Modernism only really works in art and culture.
Artsy fartsy people that don't know shit about science should think before they speak.
>>
>>8677064
>>8677024
these are both quality explainations. the problem with post-modernism today is retards who basically turn it into cultural or other equally shitty relativism concepts. pure subjectivism is theoretically true to the uninformed, who don't realize that it's functionally garbage
>>
>>8677100
thank you~
>>
>>8675575
Here is a list of important French intellectuals:
>.
Here is a list of their achievements:
>.
>>
>>8676498
T-they are French.
>>
>>8676371
Heh
>>
>>8677171
>decartes

accomplishments:
>cartesian plane
>mind body problem
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.