[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hitting head/concussions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 34b346.jpg (5KB, 187x200px) Image search: [Google]
34b346.jpg
5KB, 187x200px
>spend entire life studying, working hard, creating a personality

>hit head mildly
>it hurts to think now
>eyes always dry, obvious photosensitivity
>24/7 tinnitus
>get nauseous for no reason
>memory worse
>speech slurred
>literally can't do anything anymore
>almost have a tension headache at all times
>doctors give me scans and say nothing is wrong
>six months after hitting head, not any better
>clearly just a slower, more easily aggravated version of my former self

What a rip off.
>>
>>8675556
has your skin melanin content also increased?
>>
>>8675556
sorry to say but you're slowly dying
>>
Start smoking weed. Seriously.
>>
>>8675556
Sounds to me like the nocebo effect. Every med student goes through this at least a couple times, it correlates with high levels of anxiety.

You must learn not to care and it will go away on its own. You might have a minor microbleed or two that could have gone unnoticed, but recent studies have found many people have asymptomatic brain lesions, which suggests they are quickly compensated by neuroplasticity, provided nothing impedes it.

It is now well established that aerobic exercise, among other things, promotes the release of neurotrophic factors, and considering all the effects it has on general health, it would probably make you feel better to go running for an hour every day.
>>
>>8675556
do aerobics. jog 30 minutes every day at 80% your max(max being 80% your heart rate before your symptoms exacerbate) you will literally go back to normal within one month.
>>
>>8675556
concussions are only serious if you black out. the ones where you just forget where you are for a second or have some weird problems afterwards can be easily reverted. the reason is that if you hit your brain so hard that it blacks out, it is an indication of some serious damage, where as everything else is just a minor hyper-metabolization that can be easily remedied by increasing your heart rate for long periods of time for a little while, and this is exactly the reason that you're more likely to suffer from a concussion if you have a weak cardio-vascular system or suffer from anxiety. concussions aren't really a thing unless you forget a lot of shit on the long-term or black out completely. they're just your brain hyper-metabolizing otherwise.
>>
>>8675556
>it hurts to think now
>24/7 tinnitus
>get nauseous for no reason
>memory worse
>speech slurred
>almost have a tension headache at all times
>doctors give me scans and say nothing is wrong
>six months after hitting head, not any better

What you just described is a new form of anxiety attacks that strangely enough is not yet being researched. I know because I'm very experienced with this (about 2 years) and I've pinpoined it perfectly. It's literally the anticipation of you experiencing it which is causing you to experience it. I myself had it while programming for 10 hours a day and I legitimately thought that the too much thinking will cause some irreversible brain damage, like schizo. And every time it flared up, the entire range of anxieties did as well, especially the one where I remind myself how fucking scary it is to be mentally ill. After that, it just compounds on itself until you calm down.

>tl;dr - dont worry, absolutely nothing is wrong with you. You must develop resistance to that anxiety to overcome it, so just deal with it for a few more months
>>
>>8675716
>has something seriously wrong with him
>it's just anxiety guys

People are dumb
>>
>>8675556
I test myself for AIDS with some frequency and from time to time I develop latency stage symptoms but that is because I'm fucking insane. I'm fine, and -maybe- so do you
:^)
>>
>>8675716
This is a good answer.

OP, if it IS a problem, which is possible, that sucks. However, consider that concussions are easily detectable and the docs are probably right.

Either way, fucking jog.

PS: does lifting to the same as aerobic shit? I find not personally
>>
>>8675860
>PS: does lifting to the same as aerobic shit? I find not personally
no. anaerobic exercises would not have any of the benefits or healing properties to your brain that the aerobic exercises like jogging would. anaerobic exercises make your blood pressure shoot up with little oxygen, in short bursts, and if someone was to lift weights while they had PCS, which is what OP has, they'd simply exacerbate their symptoms. the mechanism by which all of these cognitive benefits occur is tied greatly to your cardio-vascular health. The more blood/oxygen going to your brain, the faster you will process literally everything, and you need an efficient cardio-vascular system to do that.

This is why you don't see body builders that are also university professors, or sedentary individuals do anything at all. They both probably have weaker cardio-vascular systems than even the average joe, and are not doing anything beneficial for their cognitive abilities.
>>
>>8675556
I had these same problems and thought it was permanent, like I was fucked for life, but I basically did >>8675668 and was better by the next week. my heart was garbage before then so it's probably why.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.