[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what will we do if food supply is gone? it seems like a disregarded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1484413406072.jpg (57KB, 548x720px) Image search: [Google]
1484413406072.jpg
57KB, 548x720px
what will we do if food supply is gone? it seems like a disregarded issue, but wouldn't this hit us before oil/climate change/etc? i mean if we have no food you're going to be more fucked than a nigerian warlord on tuesday.
>>
Mass food shortages will only really effect the thirdworlders
>>
>what will we do if food supply is gone?
>but wouldn't this hit us before oil/climate change/etc?

It wouldnt. There is more than enough food to feed the entire world. We do not have a global food shortage, more so a global food distribution shortage.

Have you seen how corn subsidies have filled thousands of silo's?
>>
>>8673811
what? how does having thousands of silos dent the impact billions of people cause with their metabolic rate in the thousands? if livestock were to be gone due to functional extinction it'd be used up in weeks.
>>
>if livestock were to be gone due to functional extinction it'd be used up in weeks.

Oh, i thought you were considering a realistic hypothetical, not a "what if" scenario.
>>
>>8673821
you haven't made an argument to either.
>>
>>8673822
I misunderstood your premise.

I dont have an argument to make, except that the scenario you present is not realistic example of anything that would happen in our lifetime. Take it as you will.
>>
>>8673823
in our lifetime is a faulty counterclaim as it implies that issues that would impact our way of life should pertain to time frame that is tangible to what would be occurring in a species period that still constitutes it being a species, whereas one could propose this issue will be prevalent prior and during the transition to either the criteria fitting a new nomenclature for our species or our functional extinction. in either case it is still a shorter time-frame to events which have been thoroughly modeled such as climate shifts and tidal lock of the earth to the sun.

to argue that we will have gone extinct before we lose our food supply is implicit of knowing what will be the cause and the time-frame for it, which i counter for evidence to support this postulate.
>>
I'll eat dat puss puss.
>>
You could have so much more easily replied with "How do we know this will or will not affect us in our lifetime? How do we know we can affect the outcome of such an event in our lifetime?" But ill respond as pretentiously as you did.

You have supposed a scenario without any evidence, argument or reason.

see:
>but wouldn't this hit us before oil/climate change/etc?

You have provided zero evidence to support this. Also you have provided zero evidence why this is a current political or legitimate concern. We need context, background or something, not just a random thought.

While your prose is clever and cute, it is inanely belaboring. We are literally arguing about nothing. You have made no substantive arguments, and neither have I. This is because i dont care about food supply and dont believe it matters in the scheme of things at this instant. It is your job as OP to provide a fruitful topic to discuss, but rather it seems you threw-up an idea and hoped others would add the legitimate argumentation for you to use in other venues.

You seem to be picking a fight where there is none. Neither of us has made any argument even remotely related to what you wanted to discuss in the first place. So why are you engaging on a lack of anything?

TL;DR If you want to have a what-if discussion, then accept it is not a current realistic concern on the outset and everyone on this board will be more than willing to engage.
>>
>>8673874
Argument is that food supply is being used up fazter than its replenished and willcauze a larger impact on life than whats currently of focus.
>>
>>8673805

BBBBBRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPP
>>
>>8673805
If food supply is gone?
Back to hunter mode we go...
>>
>>8673805
Worst case scenario there are still billions of Chinese and Indians to eat
>>
>>8673805
Hello m'lady, would you be so kind to grab a drink with me next saturday?
>>
>>8674531
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0gPUXkB1QM2
>>
>>8674531
>>>/tv/
>>
>>8673805
> what will we do if food supply is gone?
People--people all around the world--will STARVE and ARE STARVING to death; from malnutrition and poison, toxic filler. It's very painful, scary and demeaning to endure being denied food (the masses in society showing they consider them unworthy of food while they stuff themselves).

> before oil/climate change/etc?
Look in the news: Everywhere devastation to food crops is happening because of climate change (extreme weather events), toxic air and toxic land.

> have no food you're going to be more fucked than a nigerian
People have to learn to appreciate nutritious, healthy food: and to not waste. Greed, gluttony and sloth abound (have you not seen the FAT stats?).
Starvation is a good way for people to mature; suffer consequences for their arrogance, and learn or die.
Karma is a bitch--beyond any sane person's imagination--but it's good too. People are reborn and hopefully they'll be intelligent next time.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.