[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Speed of light

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 189234.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
189234.gif
2MB, 350x197px
Ok, i have a question that has boggled my mind for such a long time now.

Lets hypothesize that there are planes which can fly with light speed and the human body could withstand all of the G-Forces.

OK, so if a man would fly with such a plane and he has f.e. a GoPro that films the man and there would be a Live-Stream of him, what would we see? What would happen?

Please justify your answers
>>
>What would happen in a fictional situation not possible in the Real World (tm).

It would look like a unicorn fornicating with a dragon. As good an answer to your fantasy question.
>>
>>8672255
If he was moving at c, implies there's no acceleration so Nvidia has nothing to do with it.

If you could find a reference frame, which you can't, the only thing you would see is all the light that left at the same time you did. Since you're moving at c, and light moves at c, no new light would ever reach you.

Alternatively, you would see the entire universe contacted to an infinitely small point

Alternatively, you could say that time stops for everything outside the ship.
>>
>>8672255
Wouldn#t you see him totally slow?
>>
>>8672255
https://youtu.be/lD08CuUi_Ek?t=8m2s
>>
>>8672255

Let's think about this for a second.

We have a light source. The light travels at light speed to a large block of glass. While in the glass, the light travels at less than light speed. Upon exiting the glass, the light resumes at light speed.

Where does the light get the energy to go from less than light speed through the medium, to once again achieve light speed after being slowed down through the medium?

Is it not obvious that nothing is traveling at any speed?

Is it not obvious that light has a rate of induction, and not "particles" of "light" that are traveling at the "speed of light"?

At the end of the day, do you dump all of the extra photons out of your monitor?
>>
>>8672317
C=wavelength x frequency

As the light travels at a slower speed in the block, its wavelength decreases accordingly to satisfy the relationship above
>>
>>8672294
Thank you very much for your answerr!
>>8672312
Thank you for this video!
>>
>>8672356
no problem, fellow anon

most anons I encountered dislike vsauce because he reads of wikipedia, but if you liked the video I recommend watching his other videos.
>>
>>8672336
And the energy to resume light speed? No?

Is it not obvious that there are not "light particles" that are "travelling" "through" anything at any "speed"?
>>
>>8672336

Think of this logically. You are driving your car at 100 kph when there is a traffic stop. You decrease your velocity until it is zero.

Then you have to add energy to your car to cause it to resume its 100 kph velocity. And let's assume for the moment that's your car's top velocity through the air.

In water, your car would go slower. Same with light.

After the water, your car would go faster even if you put no more energy into your car. Why would the light?
>>
>>8672363
I already knew his channel but never came across this video.

Wikipedia is the main source of information nowadays, so i am not mad if someone puts those informations in a fun, easy to understand and also very very intersting video.

BTW, what do you think about MindField or Brain Candy?
>>
>>8672255
You're dealing with what-ifs: so meaningless answers.
However, the most common-sense answer--IF all this tech and feat were available--would be that "he would seem not to move" over decades, centuries and millenium. It could be imagined in "our mind" that he is in one particular position and not moving, so the tech and gear doesn't need to exist.
>>
>>8672428
Wow thank you!
>>
>>8672317
The light doesn't actually change speed; it forms a standing wave within the material, which propagates at a slower speed than light.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiHN0ZWE5bk
>>
>>8672336
Light reflects on molecules. That is what is 'slowing' light down
>>
>>8672255
Everything would look still in his reference frame.
Justification: go fuck yourself.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.