[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would this have a slight chance of working?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1734832_1417375471218.jpg (69KB, 695x521px) Image search: [Google]
1734832_1417375471218.jpg
69KB, 695x521px
Would donating T-cells to hiv patients work by filtering the cells through gel electrophoresis to get an identical match?.
>>
No.
>>
>filtering the cells through gel electrophoresis

That's not how gel electrophoresis works. And I don't understand your question anyway.

More interesting question: Could you cure AIDS by nuking the immune system and doing a bone marrow transplant?
>>
op here, I must've greatly misunderstood the process of electrophoresis. sorry for the shit post.
>>
>>8671978 >nuking the immune system
are you fucking retarded?.
>>
>>8672216
>what is a bone marrow transplant

are you pranking me
>>
>>8671978
No, it doesn't work. The HIV infects TDC4+ lymphocytes. This type of cell leaves the bone marrow and matures in the thymus. Once it matures, it goes to the lymphonodes and the lymphatic system. So when you do a bone marrow transplant, you basically give toxic levels of chemo, which results in a bone marrow failure. That's the same reason for why we don't usually use bone marrow transplant in lymphomas, but only for some types of leuchemya. Some infected TCD4+ cells will remain intacted, and once your bone marrow stars producing new lymphocytes, due to the extreme multiplication rate that the HIV posses, these new cells will also get infected. Not only this, but the HIV infects others cells. Here is a list:
Lymphoreticular system:

CD4+ T-Helper cells (main target cell)
Macrophages
Monocytes

Certain endothelial cells
Central nervous system:

Microglia of the nervous system
Astrocytes
Oligodendrocytes
Neurones
>>
>>8672494
To be more specific, there was one case of a possible cure. The so called "Berlin patient". He received two bone marrow transplant with a specific donor, whose TCD4+ did not have a certain receptor, CCR5, that is necessary for infection to some kinds of HIV, but that is still experimental
>>
>>8672494
>tfw i'm actually fucking retarded and forgot that t cells mature in the thymus even though they start out in the bone marrow

Thanks for pointing it out. However, let me present a rebuttal

http://www.hivandhepatitis.com/hiv-treatment/hiv-cure/3624-the-berlin-patient-the-hiv-cure-case-report-with-a-name

and partially this

http://www.hivandhepatitis.com/hiv-treatment/hiv-cure/4813-aids-2014-australian-bone-marrow-transplant-patients-show-no-detectable-hiv

It's a lucky set of circumstances but I think there's some value to doing further research.
>>
>>8672547
Oh hell yeah, dude, I forgot to hit refresh.
>>
>>8672494
What if the donor has the CCR5 mutation that renders people immune to HIV?
>>
>>8672567
They're not immune to all types of HIV, but the risk is dramatically reduced.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.