[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why am I the only one using pen to do proofs? I notice other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: pepe.jpg (35KB, 780x438px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
35KB, 780x438px
Why am I the only one using pen to do proofs? I notice other students usually use pencils. Do you guys really make mistakes that often that you need an erasable writing utensil?
>>
Pencils are nicer to write with.
>>
Pens usually leak
>>
>>8671955
You dishonour yourself, pen-san. You have honour ancestor, write in blood of Oda-shi, traitor of homeland! Banzai!
>>
>he doesn't present all of his proofs in LaTeX
Pen is a step up from pencil, though. I stopped using pencil in high school; it gets so smudgy and looks juvenile. Crossing out (in moderation) is still better than rubber chunks and smudges everywhere.

>>8671979
That's not true; a smooth pen is infinitely better.
>>
>>8671955
I hate the feeling of writing with a pencil.
>>
>>8671985
>Left-handed.
Burn the heretic!
>Whilst hiding his own left-handedness.
Don't (((psychologists))) think that left-handed is a 'symptomp' of an 'intelligent neurology'?
>>
I make mistakes with a pen and just cross it out. As long as it's not happening all the time who gives a shit
>>
>>8672000
I'm not left-handed. Pencils still smudge.
>>
you have to try extra hard to see things written with a pencil bc it's half transparent, not to mention you need to sharpen it

pen is clear and easy, wins everytime
>>
>>8672009
Not if you're careful, stop rushing it, enjoy the process. I take 5 minutes per symbol.
>>
>>8672014
How about I take time to write AND use pen?
>>
>>8671985
>Crossing out (in moderation) is still better than rubber chunks and smudges everywhere.
>(in moderation)
>rubber chunks and smudges everywhere

You're not fooling anyone anon. We all know your work looks like an incomprehensible mess of crossed out ink blotches.
>>
>>8672019
I hope that pen is entirely made of out metal. Otherwise, you're part of the problem, not part of the solution.
>>
>>8672010
Use a mechanical pencil and make sure to pick a good graphite grade, anon.

>>8672014
>>8672019
You're doing it wrong.

http://www.paperpenalia.com/handwriting.html

>People who inevitably have trouble with handwriting and calligraphy write with their fingers. They "draw" the letters. A finger-writer puts the full weight of his/her hand on the paper, his fingers form the letters, and he picks his hand up repeatedly to move it across the paper as he writes.

>As you’ve probably surmised, the "right muscles" are not those in the fingers. You must use the shoulder-girdle and forearm muscles. This muscle group is capable of much more intricate action than you think and tires much less easily than fingers, besides giving a smooth, clean, sweeping look to the finished writing. Though it seems paradoxical, since we’re accustomed to thinking of small muscles having better control, the shoulder-girdle group, once trained, does the job better.

Good handwriting is fast, clean, feels natural, and doesn't tire you out.
>>
>>8672054
I need more, I wish to seem like a god.
>>
I usually use a pencil but pens are so much nicer to write with I sometimes consider moving into using them only, expect for maybe graphs and stuff. I don't really know about others but a pen usually feels like it just glides on the paper compared to a similarly priced mechanical pencil.
>>
>>8671982
what kind of third world country do you live in where you don't even have access to working pens?
>>
A mechanical pencil feels just too good, even though I'm left-handed.
Then again, pens also smudge and ink on pinky isn't nice.

Also, please never use non-black ink for anything but signatures.
Grading the papers done with blue or even red ink is terrible.
>>
>>8671955
I use pen for everything, including tests.
In lab work, pencils promote dishonesty.
In proofs, keep every thing even if you think it's wrong even though it might not be.

When I do proofs, I do scratch work to convince myself the theorem is true. Then I write a rough draft that usually contains errors and mistakes.
Finally, I re write with more clear notation and the arguments are generally more succinct.

It takes longer but it won't look like shit and I get better grades than most people in the class.
>>
>>8671983
That's not even funny in /jap/.
>>
>>8672334
Then you, sir, don't know funny when you see it.
>>
If you aren't sure of something, then don't write it down. That way you won't make mistakes. Brainlets, I swear. When will they learn?
>>
do people unironically not remove the backspace key from their keyboards?

what a bunch of brainlets
>>
>people are actually defending their use of a pencil by making up shit about pens
Just accept that you make some mistakes here and there you faggots.
>>
>>8672326
>writing the same thing 3 times

Holy shit, just cross yourself out.
>>
I find pencils take more effort to write with and end up being a lot messier and less clear with erasing and whatnot. Mechanical pencils are decent though. You're going to latex up the final result anyways, so crossing stuff out doesn't make a difference.
>>
>tfw kid handwriting
>>
>>8672414
>You're going to latex up the final result anyway
lolno
>>
>>8671955
>using pencil to write after kindergarden
What the hell? Where do you live anon?
>>
>>8673122
All my upper level math classes in undergrad required you to LaTeX all proofs.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.