[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should I learn to become an aerospace engineer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: s-l400.jpg (21KB, 400x319px) Image search: [Google]
s-l400.jpg
21KB, 400x319px
What should I learn to become an aerospace engineer?
>>
aerospace engineering
>>
aerospace engineering?
>>
>>8671238
yes
>>
>>8671239
yes
>>
>>8671235
you will learn fluid and thermodynamics
static and dynamic systems
material science of metals and polymers
cad modelling
>>
>>8671257
thx.
Is there anything else?
What about math(I know there are calculus,linear algebra,an.geometry,ode,pde and ...),electronics,optics and C++?
How much general or theoretical physics I need to know?
>>
Aerospace Engineering would be a good start.
>>
>>8671269
Aerospace Engineering isn't a theoretical field. It's a factual field. Learning about unproven theories like big bang and dark matter isn't going to help you here. You need to learn the real and practical physics if you want your spaceship to fly.
>>
>>8671279
I already know it. It's very obviously.Ok,could you tell me what do you mean saying that is needed to learn ''real and practical physics''?
>>
You sound either pajeet or 16.
>>
>>8671292
Let's put it this way. You in no way will ever find a job studying aerospace by your own studies, unless you know someone in the business willing to float you a job.

The answer is to go to school and study aerospace engineering. None of us can know how rigorous or from what perspective/quality your courses will be taught from. So you need to tailor your learning to each individual class based on each teachers' individual syllabus's. You havent given context related to that, so there isnt enough info to give you the answer you're looking for.
>>
>>8671269
Engineering is applied physics. So you will know a lot of physics. But as with anything applied, it's plug and chug. Being a good engineer is not really dependent on your ability to do math. Engineers don't sit around inventing shit. That's for chemists and physicists.
>>
Differential equations and fluid mechanics mostly. You also need to use numerical computing a lot (Matlab in school usually).
>>
>>8671310
thank you
>>
I'm honestly baffled how you people find us, and not know basic stuff like this. Like did someone point you here, cause most people that could find this place know how to google "aerospace engineering curriculum".

You genuinely seem to be clueless, and I'm genuinely interested how you got here.
>>
>>8671302
>Engineers don't sit around inventing shit
Kek. I'm pretty sure lot of technology and methods were invented by engs. In fact numerous breakthroughs in physics came from engineers due to the fact that they had to find out the physics to build their shit. Engineers often describe the behavior of complex physical systems.

So this only applies to shit engineers aka BSc monkeys or people who do something not really engineering-ish in engineering.
However, yes, a BSc in eng. won't teach you how to be very good. You need a lot of interdisciplinary knowledge and self-learning for that.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.