[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Young Earth Creationism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Noahs_Ark.jpg (193KB, 942x819px) Image search: [Google]
Noahs_Ark.jpg
193KB, 942x819px
Were any of you exposed to this or other pseudoscience as you grew up?

>be me
>be 7th & 8th grade
>home schooled
>9th grade rolls around
>get sent to a tiny Bible school
>8-15 kids per grade, K-12
>get told Earth was only 6000 years old, because James Ussher studied Bible genealogy.
>Noah got all of the animals, even dinosaurs on the ark
>After the flood, which covered the whole earth, dinosaurs, woolly mammoths, and saber-tooth tigers etc. were hunted to extinction.
>Lost my faith a while after hearing this.
>>
>>8670703
Why did your parents send you to a fucking bible school after being home schooled?
>>
I quibble:

YEC is not a pseudo-science, it is a creation myth (or, to be perfectly fair, maybe divinely revealed truth.) But it does not pretend to be a science or a product o science, and belief in it is older than anything we'd label "science.".

Fairly recently, attempts to get YAC taught in public schools led to the creation of a pseudo-science labeled "Intelligent design." THAT one is a pseudo-science invented to try and put YEC on what would pass for a scientific footing.

The two are different concepts.
>>
>>8670703
>>Lost my faith a while after hearing this.

And did Black Science Man make you lose faith in science as well?
>>
>>8670703
>>Lost my faith a while after hearing this.
You might look at some of the books by theist scientists such as Collin's "The Language of God. Science and faith in God are not mutually exclusive.
>>
You have to break children's minds early and train them to reject common sense, science, and logic.

How else do you expect people to ever grow up to vote republican?
>>
>>8670743

You could also read Donald Knuth's book about the Bible.
>>
File: 1482414557532m.jpg (92KB, 1024x814px) Image search: [Google]
1482414557532m.jpg
92KB, 1024x814px
>>8670947
Voted trump and I'm a phd physicist and soon to be biologist as well, the purest of sciences so fuck u cunt im smarter then .

Image related is you
>>
>>8670957
>claimed to be a thing on the internet
>expected to be believed

you sure you aren't full autistic retard?
>>
>>8670947
>implying both political parties aren't fucking retarded as hell
>>
>>8670703
Just saw some of it on another board. Trying to use mutational meltdown to prove it, but there are still some holes in that claim. In particular a lack of focus on viruses and ignoring the possibility of a weakened ability to recover from minor mutations.

http://creation.com/mutations-are-evolutions-end

http://evolutiondismantled.com/meltdown

Anything else I should know? Anything I got wrong.
>>
>>8670957
Why are you smarter then me?

Because you sound very simple just by saying that
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.