[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>book on calculus >first chapter is spent defining Real Numbers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: motorcycle roundabouts.webm (2MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
motorcycle roundabouts.webm
2MB, 800x450px
>book on calculus
>first chapter is spent defining Real Numbers
>>
>he fell for the spivack meme
>>
>>8670055
>he wants to study a class of functions in R
>he doesn't know what R is and complains when taught
wow
>>
You know you can solve Calculus on a calculator, right? Hell even WolframAlpha can solve it.
>>
>>8670083
Well I did learn to drive without knowing what a car is on the inside.
>>
>>8670125
I hate that analogy.
I'm 100% certain people would be better drivers if they'd understand how cars actually worked and what the components of them were.
>>
>>8670127
Not really. People would be better drivers if license tests were more strict.
>>
>>8670127
The more I learn about manual transmissions, the more I believe this.
>>
>>8670125
you're not learning to drive, you're learning to be a mechanic, you fucking genius

unless you're an engineer or something in which case why complain? and why get a book in the first place?
>>
>>8670140
>you're not learning to drive, you're learning to be a mechanic, you fucking genius
I'm learning to construct numbers? What?

Defining R has no place in a calculus course, it belongs to analysis. If you already know calculus most universities will let you skip it and take analysis from the get go.

If they taught something like that in calculus, then all the engineers and chemists and everyone who had to take basic math would also have to deal with that shit. It's not practical.
>>
File: are you for reals.jpg (123KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
are you for reals.jpg
123KB, 900x900px
>be asked to give first reaction shortly after a traumatizing event
>explain it's clearly due to structural failure because the fire was just too intense
>another 7 foot guy in suit passenger behind me makes me nervous
https://youtu.be/A0wHeekgPqk

always hate when that happens
>>
>>8670151
then you're an engineer or a scientist who for some reason doesn't care about math? in that case, again, why bother with a book? memorize the steps from class / notes / khan academy and that's it

complaining about people trying to teach you because you don't care about the subject is fucking retarded
>>
>>8670158
Sure, if you want to supplement your classes then get a more rigorous book. But please don't teach something like that in a calculus course.
>>
>>8670175
don't go to university if you don't want to learn, you fucking brainlet. alternatively, drop out and go to a shittier program, you would fit better there
>>
>>8670127
THIS. They fucking WOULD be better drivers. Instead they slam the fucking accelerator when they're trying to go up a steep grade hill.
>>
>>8670059
wait, i'm using spivak and it's actually really good
>>
>>8670175

>get a more rigorous book
>doesn't want to learn about the real numbers
what the fuck is your definition of rigour?
also, that chapter, if you are indeed referring to spivak, actually has some pretty interesting problems.
>>
>>8670158
Amen, brother. The amount of people who whine about being forced to learn for the sake of learning at a university will never cease to amaze me.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.