[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is "ethics" holding science back?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (46KB, 450x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 450x320px
For one, we would all be aryan ubermen by now if it weren't for "ethics".

What other instances have held science back due to "muh ethics"?
>>
>>8669025
Let me guess you haven't even finished high school right.
>>
>>8669025
lack of ethics is holding science back.

Too much pressure to publish and a bunch of bullshit gets published.

Too hard to understand what is true in the sea of bullshit.
>>
What's holding back science is that we make talented people who want to do innovative things jump through a lot of hoops that have nothing to do with actually doing science.
>>
>>8669040
But if people don't publish they'll become lazy
Laziness breeds complacency
Complacency results in stagnation of science

Publish or perish is the best motivator we have even if it is "unethical"
>>
>>8669040

This.
>>
>>8669043
If they were "talented" enough they would find a way around the hoops instead of letting the government hold their hand
>>
>>8669046
If people are only publishing junk that's worse than if they were publishing nothing, it's just noise.
>>
>>8669046
At the very least null results need to be taken more seriously. Only thing that journals care about is positive results.

I know its hard to say "this absolutely doesn't happen in real life" because it might be due to a flaw in experimental design, but at least if null data gets published less people will waste so much time and resources.
>>
>>8669053

There also wouldn't be as much incentive to fucking cheat.

Instead of lying about some process that doesn't actually work, you could just show that fuckstein's experiment in biochemical modeling of psychiatric disorders is just complete fucking bunk. Or whatever. I don't know. Fuck social "scientists".
>>
>>8669051
>hurr durr the world is just!11 you're just not smart enough!1
>>
>>8669077
But 9/10 it literally is that though. Stop blaming other people for your own shortcomings.
>>
>>8669084
I blame the system as a whole rather than separate people.
>>
>>8669093
But you are still blaming something, you dumby dumb dumb
>>
>>8669025
Eh, maybe an aggressive eugenics program could advance humanity more than simple dicking around with a few genes at a time can, but that's about it. Even then, it wouldn't reach the real creative stuff that's possible when you have direct control and know what you're doing.

The biggest thing right now is the replication crisis, where no one double checks anything so all these half baked studies are a mess of maybe bullshit.
>>
>>8669107
So? If a system is not rational and stupid, why shouldn't I blame the system for being not rational and stupid?
>>
>>8669146
The world doesn't revolve around you, dumby dumb dumb.
>>
>>8669151
Indeed. The world doesn't revolve around anyone. Thus we all are equal. Diversity is our strength. You're a fascist and trump supporter.
>>
can i clone myself are harvest my genetic material? if possible i would give him that disease that those girls have in which they don't have frontal lobes or a brain other than the stem. is this genetically possible? can i just have him with a feeding tube and contraption that collects the shit?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.