[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cultured Meat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Are there any biological limitations to how much muscle tissue a stem cell can produce? Is it possible to produce flesh by the ton with only one stem cell or a small handful of them?

Cultured meat was hyped back in 2013 and as of recent it's made into a few stores, but there isn't much out there describing the scaling of production or limitations which is why I'm asking. Only problems I've heard with this so far is the taste needs to be improved.
>>
>>8668731
>>as of recent it's made into a few stores
bullshit, provide a source for this RIGHT NOW
>>
>>8668747
http://beyondmeat.com/whats-new/view/beyondburger-distribution-update
>>
>>8668731
It's really difficult to re create the vasulature in vitro. Once the cultured cells get to a certain mass the nutrients can't get to middle and growth stops.
>>
>>8668809
vasculature*
>>
>>8668731
Hayflick limit
>>
>>8668816
The Hayflick limit doesn't necessarily apply to all human cells. Cells can mutate to produce a defective telomerase that regenerates their telomeres, as is the case in most 'immortal' cell lines and many cancers.
>>
>>8668771
>Our products are made from 100% plant-based inputs such as proteins from pea and soy and all-natural seasonings.
kys
>>
>>8668841
What that means (since you seem to be illiterate and incapable of making even the most basic of inferences,) is that the culture media and other nutrients used to feed the cells do not come from animals, not that the cells aren't animal cells.
>>
>>8668846
??
No.
These are veggie patties made out of peas, coconut oil and beets (which give them their redness). They're not anything more.
>>
>>8668846
No he's right, this is just a fancy veggie burger. We haven't developed anything satisfactory, let alone marketable yet.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.