[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw born in the generation where AI will do 90% of all jobs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (44KB, 658x662px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
44KB, 658x662px
>tfw too dumb to learn programming
>>
>>8667792
You're either underage or delusional, the generation being born now may be that one, or it may be their kid's. Definitely not this generation (Gen Y).
>>
>>8667804
the moment when having a machine do a specific job becomes cheaper than the person doing the same job, the machine will replace the person

this already happened a number of times in the past
>>
I didn't say it wouldn't happen, or that it wouldn't happen on a widespread global scale. Just that AI won't take 90% of all the jobs within our lifetimes (until we retire).
>>
>>8667823
this is a reply to this:
>>8667815
>>
we'll head towards technological utopia until it breaks and we forget how to live w/o it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Machine_Stops
>>
>>8667792
It's really not that hard. You don't have to be a genius to know how to write Javascript.
>>
File: automation.png (209KB, 600x589px) Image search: [Google]
automation.png
209KB, 600x589px
>>8667823
You are delusional. In the next 20 Years nearly half of all jobs will be lost to automation. Delivery, transport, all cleaning services and all cashiers will be gone.

Oxford Source. http://www.oxfordmartin.ox.ac.uk/downloads/academic/The_Future_of_Employment.pdf

https://public.tableau.com/profile/mckinsey.analytics#!/vizhome/AutomationandUSjobs/Technicalpotentialforautomation
>>
>>8667936
I just don't understand i/o controls and loops. I just can't wrap my head around it and even the step by step examples don't make sense to me.
>>
>>8667957
>all cashiers will be gone

We already have self-checkout at almost every supermarket, and yet there are STILL cashiers available. Granted, not as many as before, but they're still there.

However, thinking about it more, maybe this is just a case of them waiting out until all the baby boomers die out.
>>
>>8667874

The machine will never stop, we have more than enough resources to power gadjets for thousands of years(The sun yo) and The presence of our current technological level is so overwhelming we wouldn't have trouble picking back up even if their was a catastrophe. Everyone who survived would probably have a cell phone on them, there would be the wreckage of cars everywhere, our grid is carved into the very face of the planet on every continent. Airports all over the world, Cell phone towers all over the world. Even if the population was reduced by 70% the infrastructuree would be a glaring reminder of where we should start.
>>
>>8667958
grab some cocaine and lock yourself in a room with tediously explained examples. an upper of some sort at the very least.
>>
>>8667957
yea the amount of shop jobs being to lost to online shops alone is kind of crazy. If you don't need a custom fit , you can buy it online. And the demographics most heavily involved with this behavior grew up before the internet came into being
>>
>>8667964

They're trying to figure out what to do with people
>>
>>8667957
Yeah I know that, I did a research paper on it. But you said 90%, the remaining 40% are not automatable within the next twenty years because the sheer task of automating it is so difficult.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.